Cheers to STI Tuning and Bob Rawle

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Car was back with Bob today to get an issue fixed which i originally thought was a misfire when i was accelerating in 5th, turnout out to be just boost cut. The boost level was set too low so when i was accelerating in 5th there would be a blip which i thought was misfire or something. simple tweak rectified the issue. Another happy camper. Cheers to Dave and Bob

Re: Cheers so STITuning and Bob Rawle

:thumbsup:
Good stuff Dan, my mate has a problem like this, I must suggest this to him.

Good stuff, glad it went well for ya :thumbsup: i'm on for this tomorrow, just got the fuel pump and a new Hayward & Scott exhaust fitted today so cant wait... :thumbsup:

nice one rob..is the exhaust decattting it? you should notice huge performance difference..you mapping for E5?

Ye decatted the whole way :D , mate has said there's a great sound off it and pick up is much faster although he hasnt been overboosting it. Mapping for E5 on its own, i'm a bit broke now to afford booster :lol: :lol:

I'm giddy to get outtsa work and go collect it

dont drive it on boost ta ALL untill its mapped..i left the centre section slincers on it.

Ah he just took it out for a quick spin to make sure everything was ok, no rattle etc, he just said that the boost came in a lot aerlier than when he had driven it earlier so its spooling much quicker. Big power difference since you got yours done? I cant wait to see how it feels with the boost hopefully increased as well after the map. Did you notice a massive difference in yours straight away?

yeah trottle response improved and more power...the reason its spooling earlier is that theres no back pressure from the cat!! it would of been getting boost spikes

@ Dagnut,
How do you find your car noise - wise with the centre section silencers in?
Would like to get a full decat myself but not into having a loud system at all.

Ah right heres where me post went i thought it was deleted. Nice to let me know it was moved, thought i was dream-posting again!

[quote author=eliroche link=topic=8138.msg97416#msg97416 date=1215192732]
@ Dagnut,
How do you find your car noise - wise with the centre section silencers in?
Would like to get a full decat myself but not into having a loud system at all.
[/quote]

cars grand and quite makes a noise when you floor it but general pottering about its fairly quite..Im the same as you dont like loud cars especially when it does nothing for performance..but each to their own i do like the sound of a nice rumble but i think being a old cnut now only loud sound id live with would be a V8 or a screaming V10

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=8138.msg97511#msg97511 date=1215250935]
being a old cnut now only loud sound id live with would be a V8 or a screaming V10
[/quote]

What about the aul won in your earhole? They're even louder... :lol:

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=8138.msg97494#msg97494 date=1215215356]
Ah right heres where me post went i thought it was deleted. Nice to let me know it was moved, thought i was dream-posting again!
[/quote]

Were did you post it up origonaly Dan????
Why was it moved??
Dan

Back