Condensation in lights-NCT fail?

gtpeadar

Petrolheads
On the boot of the legacy wagon there is a light bar that runs the whole width of it. Mine is leaking and you can see a bit of condensation on the inside of the lens. Now, I will eventually get it fixed coz it pi55es water in the back when I open the boot, but for the time being will that be a fail on the NCT?

My drivers door window switch is dodgy and you have to press it repeatedly to get the window down. It wont go down in one motion. Would this be a probelem?

Cheers

If the window does not open as it should its a fail.

Lights can be an issue. Depends on the discression of the tester!
If they work ok and are full of water and holes/cracks are sealed up it should pass.
I.e. no more water can get in and the light functions now with said water present.

I've have just come from a 2 day Vw course on this stuff today so this is what I'm told.

But!!! Nct are a law to them selves so its up to you to prove them wrong!

Best option is to remove water and get light working.send it in without any visible crack/holes.
Job done.

Drivers window has to function properly as is used as a secondary escape route for driver in the event of an accident.

in my experience condensation in headlamps is a fail but you will get away with the rest of the lamps provided they are working correctly and are not cracked or damaged.

As said lot of it is down to the tester discretion on the day.

Yes...A friend of mine failed on condensation on the side repeater lamps ( the one just over the wheels ).
Tip...dry it out with a hairdryer beforehand should do the job :thumbsup:

Thanks lads, there's no cracks or damage at all. It's a common problem on the BH leggys apparently. May as well get it off and resealed. It has to be done anyways

@Baz. The switch is fine, it's a motor problem. The original motor died so i swapped in the one from my old Rev A car but the plugs were different. I wired the Rev D plug onto it but it only stutters up and down. I think the one you have is from a Rev A-C car?? I'm afraid I need one from a Rev D. Thanks for the shout though :thumbsup:

Back