Could Someone PLease Help/Advise On Best Fitment for 18'' Wheels for my Car ??

deanzer

Octane Boostaholics
Hi All

Im Changing the wheel on my 2005 JDM Impreza Sti Spec C Hawk and was wondering could anyone please advise me the best fitment to exactly to go with as i will be able to decide exactly what i was as they are being Purchased New .

Im nearly sure im 5x114.3 but am not 100% ? and what would be the ideal Offset to go with ?

I want to go with 18 Inch Wheel and 9j as in [Width] to fill the arches a little more and a beefy look.

Here is a picture of the wheels im going with they are Enkei Rpf1 In Gold:

I believe x9 wide will be too much.

18x8 et48 and yes 5x114 is your perfect fittment.

Maybe get away et40 bring out a bit.

Re: Could Someone PLease Help/Advise On Best Fitment for my Car for wheels ??

if I were you I would stick with a 8.5x18 in an et 45-48 offset it will look beefy but still handle well go to wide and it will have arch trouble and tram lining on rough roads

I think my Own wheels at the min are 17'' , 8.5J +50.

Im planning on fitting my Tein S.tech springs soon once i nct it and was wondering how low they will sit the car with 18s , Would there be rubbing problems on bumps or turning on full lock ect with a 9j , 8.5or 8 ?

I have 8"x18" in et48 on my wagon and it has prodrive shocks and springs in it too and I have very slight rubbing with 4 in the car the sti shouldn't rub at all with the same setup as the arch is wider being a widetrack so that could be the size to go for

heres mine on the wagon

bec07092-5091-45fc-8bde-1a5f4b706eaa.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

Thanks for the pictures , not sure if mine will sit lower than that with the Tein s.tech springs fitted

9" is about as wide as you can go on stock suspention,
without sacrificing comfort/driveability too much.
Those enkei are very sexy wheels

also keep in mind , brembo clearance , as not all wheels (even 9.5 wide rota grids) will clear calipers without spacers . jus something to consider

Running 8x18s on my car with 235 40 rubber on tein s tech springs . No issues even with 4 adults in the car . Would reckon a 245 tyre would be the widest I could go before the rear arches would be rubbing .

I'm also running 235 tyres on 8X18 wheels on coil overs fairly low and no rubbing with weight in the car, I not 100% on this but I think the wrx and wide track are the same body just that the sti widetrack has arch extensions so won't make a difference,

I'd say a 245 on a 9 inch rim will be the most you can go,

Are you looking for a certain look going for wide wheels??

How do you mean trimed back dec?

I taught they just stuck on to the standard arch like what tom did to his old blobeye

The is no arch lip under the arches Johnny you know on a wrx it has the rubber seal on the rear arch lip an sti is different because that steel lip is not on them

wagon dec

[quote author=WAGON DEC... link=topic=43975.msg507446#msg507446 date=1424104726]
As far as I know the arch lip on a widetrack is trimmed back where as the wrx isn't

wagon dec

[/quote]

Nope metal lip on mine dec .

The wider track has a 15mm wider rear track and wider rims (up from 7.5 to 8.0in) with wider- spaced mounting bolts.There was also other chassis upgrading done, as well as better bigger wheel bearing's hence changing to 5x114.4.

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=43975.msg507444#msg507444 date=1424104242]
Running 8x18s on my car with 235 40 rubber on tein s tech springs . No issues even with 4 adults in the car . Would reckon a 245 tyre would be the widest I could go before the rear arches would be rubbing .
[/quote]

Is there anywhere i could see a picture of your car with the tein s tech and 18 inch wheels fitted ? , I would like to see how mine will sit with the springs and 18s as deciding on the width and offset of the wheels is puzzling me . :wall:

Back