Dead Battery????

Just to update so everyone knows what happened in case it happens someone else...

There was a big 100amp fuse in the fuse box behind the battery blown! but it had been repaired before. probably blew during the engine change if the alternator cable touched off the body of the car or if someone put jump leads on the wrong way round! Anyway it was soldered back together, and when I was driving around the house with the young lad the air con was on, light, radio fan etc it loaded the fuse, caused the solder to melt and left me with a dead car!

So now I have to rant! Why the hell not tell me the feckin fuse blew and I could have ordered one and replaced it! Instead of doing a patch job on repairing it that was never going to last. I had to borrow a car transporter, try push the b4 up onto it. Pull it 50km's across Limerick for it to be a stupid fuse!!!! At least it went at home, I could have been anywhere in the country when it happened!

Anyway all is well again and the car is flying! Poor car I was giving off like hell about it, and turns out it was not the poor cars fault at all!

Sorry :subaru:

great to hear its sorted :thumbsup: hopefully it happy motoring from now on you deserve it man :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back