Does anyone not like their I phone??

F

forester sti

I have always had nokias, and I don't like change! (in some things)
But, I have found them very unreliable in the last few years,
My Bro, and my mate have I phones, and they feckin love them,
I don't like that they are quite big! but they seem to make up for that with functions and good battery life!
I use the phone a hell of a lot with work, so I has to be a good one!

What do you lads recon?
Thanx

Dan

Best phone that i have ever had. I was a Nokia die hard and really didn't want to change as I thought they were just a gimmic. I have to say that it does everything very well. I have 5 email addressess for business, peronal etc and they are all instantly updated on my phone. The biggest drawback is battery life but I believe that has been greatly improved on the new iphone4. I have an in car cradle charger so it helps a lot with battery life. Get one.

Ar[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=25007.msg295808#msg295808 date=1278967405]
Get the new HTC desire instead...
[/quote]

Are they any good?

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=25007.msg295808#msg295808 date=1278967405]
Get the new HTC desire instead...
[/quote]

Googling it now!
Thanx
Dan

I use my first generation iPhone for almost 3 years now.. and couldn't live without it anymore! Altogether with MobileMe it keeps all my contacts, calendars and mails in sync with other 4 computers (macs and pc's). Don't have to worry about losing data anymore as they are always stored in the "cloud" and always up-to-date.

There are many good phones on the market, HTC is one of them.. but
The strength of the iPhone is in App Store and its over 200 thousands available applications.

There is a saying we use a lot.. ok iPhone doesn't have this feature.. "but there's an app for that" ;)

Again.. I can't be totally objective here.. as I work for Apple ;)

codders is spot on there
i phone + apps = best all round mobile device
in my opinion
im sure there are better phones but the apps and apple compatibility
win it for me

The HTC has basically all the same apps available, is compatible with flash and is a much faster phone... Only the iphone 4 will get near it, the current iphone is miles behind... You can also use multiple applications at once compared with the iphone where you can only use one at a time...

I always had nokia's but found them unreliable in the last few years, the phone was lasting a year before fooking itself up or battery dieing off.. Nokia N8 looks class though, not available until late this year and probably cost a premium too..

Guy in work has that HTC and thinks its great as a business phone. Big clear screen, battery life similar to the iphone (only 1 day).

I also had nokia's for years, and played with other peoples iphones and didnt really like them.
Then my old man got one (nearly 60) and after a few weeks he loved it! So i left it a few months, and he still loves it, so bit the bullet 6 months ago. They are so handy, email, maps, ipod, sat nav, everything you can think of! The only drawback is with very heavy use, it prob won't last 10 hours.

I'd say wait, and get the iPhone 4. Improved battery life, multiple apps, 5mp camera etc etc

The only problem with the iphone i have is the Batt life
Ive the 3gs one and i have to charge the thing ever night, unlike wen i had a nokia it used to last for a week

I found the iphone boring, because i refused to buy apps off itunes and the Apps store
Jail broke the phone and now I cant live with out it

Froyo 2.2 is already way ahead of i phone 4 OS, the desire/nexus one being their best offerings at the minute. Apple may have hundreds of thousands of apps, majority which you need to pay for. Android market place is a lot newer but constantly expanding at a rapid rate.

There is a new HTC phone coming out soon might be worth waiting for that but it all depends when it comes onto the operators contracts otherwise you will have to buy it for about 600 euro sim free.

with most of these smart phones you get a day of full usage out of them on average

iphones are great have the 3gs 32gb simfree. i agree battery is terrible. best phones iv ever owned is the iphone then the nokia n95

[quote author=christypeRA link=topic=25007.msg295968#msg295968 date=1279027012]
i got the htc desire and find it great and fast for the web.
[/quote]

ditto :thumbsup:

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=25007.msg295970#msg295970 date=1279027337]
[quote author=christypeRA link=topic=25007.msg295968#msg295968 date=1279027012]
i got the htc desire and find it great and fast for the web.
[/quote]

ditto :thumbsup:
[/quote]

have you guys gotten an updates on the desire yet? or still running 2.1?

[quote author=christypeRA link=topic=25007.msg295973#msg295973 date=1279027477]
im not sure. only got mine last week
[/quote]

go into settings, about phone, and check what "android version" its running. if its still on 2.1, you want know yourself when it updates to 2.2. 450% quicker!

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=25007.msg295912#msg295912 date=1279006021]
You can also use multiple applications at once compared with the iphone where you can only use one at a time...

[/quote]

Multi-tasking is now on the iPhone OS4. I have the 3GS 16GB and as mentioned already a few times battery life is shockingly bad. I have to charge mine every night or not a hope of getting the next day out of it. This has been addressed with the iPhone 4 so I have read.

Back