E5 already in all Leinster Topaz garages

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
So a mate of mines girlfriend works in Topaz head office and she told him that all Topaz garages served from the Dublin port depot ie all of Leinster has been supplying their garages with a fuel consisting of 5% bioethanol. He said they haven't advertised it yet as the thought it would confuse consumers. They will be launching an add campaign soon within the next few weeks to inform people of the change. My girlfriend is a manager in one of their new sites too, so ill get her to ring the depot in Dublin port to confirm this. Happy days if it is already at the pumps and we didn't even know it eh!

That would be very handy indeed, there is a Shell garage about 2 mins from my house, which is now a Topaz :D

Hopefully it is 99ron as well...

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=8196.msg97886#msg97886 date=1215435646]
good news indeed..wonder if they'll say its 99 ron..I cant see how maxols stuff is
[/quote]

Interesting about the whole 99ron thing, Maxol are actually writing on all their advertising now that its 99ron so actively marketing it as such.

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=8196.msg97887#msg97887 date=1215435774]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=8196.msg97886#msg97886 date=1215435646]
good news indeed..wonder if they'll say its 99 ron..I cant see how maxols stuff is
[/quote]

Interesting about the whole 99ron thing, Maxol are actually writing on all their advertising now that its 99ron so actively marketing it as such.
[/quote]

yeah seen that alright, its just that adding 5% ethanol wouldnt increase the RON by 4 the maths don't add up unless it some kind of special bio ethanol made from super hero p1ss....SO that must mean they are starting with a better quailty petrol like 97.5 or something which brings up the question why would you sell a more expensive petrol at the same price..weird one

Dan get her to ring and get a discount for us :lol:

That will be handy, not having to drive past shell stations to find a maxol :roll:

I dont think maxol could or would open themselves up to the claims and law suites by falsely advertising their fuel as 99ron...

And i thought it was statoil garages that have been taken over by Topaz, not shell...

[quote author=BlackLegacy link=topic=8196.msg97896#msg97896 date=1215440760]
I dont think maxol could or would open themselves up to the claims and law suites by falsely advertising their fuel as 99ron...

And i thought it was statoil garages that have been taken over by Topaz, not shell...
[/quote]

the thing with RON is but theres different standards all around the world, its not a standardised controlled measurement ...its a calculation where they can change the variables..not like a set formula that everyone uses....for example the US use a different scale..
so if youtested against detonation and used the same standard as lets say Shell 99 in the uk and found to be weaker..they could could just say " ah no we used a different measurement and scale..the one they use in Uganda and Costa Rica"

[quote author=scoobyDel link=topic=8196.msg97900#msg97900 date=1215441426]
Its statoil and shell, plus probably others, every second petrol sation in dublin is a topaz now, its crazy like!
[/quote]

Thats feckin great news then so, well as long as its the same ron, shell beside my nanny's is one of the cheapest i've found in dublin.... before i got the leggy that is....

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=8196.msg97901#msg97901 date=1215441685]
the thing with RON is but theres different standards all around the world, its not a standardised controlled measurement ...its a calculation where they can change the variables..not like a set formula that everyone uses....for example the US use a different scale..
so if youtested against detonation and used the same standard as lets say Shell 99 in the uk and found to be weaker..they could could just say " ah no we used a different measurement and scale..the one they use in Uganda and Costa Rica"
[/quote]

didnt know that but I guess we'll get a better idea when they start to market it in topaz...

I was wondering. I used the V-power there last week and the response was unbelievable. I thouht I filled up with E5 after for some reason

i was just about to post that i was stuck for juice this morning so i stopped at the topaz station in swords and put in my usual ammount of booster and i was expecting the car to drive like a pig, but it was exactly like i had put in maxol e5. i seem to notice a big differance in my car according to what petrol i put in it. ive been stuck without lucas recently and i just put in statoil and the car drove like shite so im very glad to hear this as there are a good few of topaz popping up in my area :thumbsup:

happy days indeed.. that maxol in Swords never seems to be open.. gotta go to Artane every time, Topaz is right beside me :thumbsup:

Lads was on to topaz head office 2day
They said that they are selling 96ron petrol in there stations and have no plans so far of selling 99ron
He then proceeded to ask what i was driveing so i let him no and asked him to check out the site any way just to let yous no :thumbsup:

Back