Engine on the way to Allie Borrows:)

ye the broken piece would have been able to move about alright that could have done it .it should be a great job when done man get her mapped then for 95 and job done :changinggear:

He is going to give me a buzz tomorrow to let me know if it's ready for collection and if so I'll go up on Sunday and start getting it back in on Monday,
Great way to spend paddys day:)

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=41032.msg1#msg1 date=1394784234]
He's a quick operator Ali .Best of luck with it Adrian
[/quote]yea he is I thought he would have it at least two weeks because he was busy with other jobs,so I'm well impressed can't wait to start putting it all back together:)

I did ask but Allie seemed to think I was mad wasting money if I wasn't increasing power.
I'd rebuild top to bottom if I could afford it but mortgage and kids are costing a lot these days:)

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=41032.msg1#msg1 date=1394802684]
Great to get it back so fast
[/quote]ya I'm delighted can't wait to have it back on the road I'm sick driving the van,just ordered millers oil and filter also ATF and filter and new ball joints and drop links so I'm giving it a lot of TLC over the next few days:)

tezavu5e.jpg

evymu7ap.jpg

Engine back sitting in place just got it back today.
New crank shaft
All new big end bearings
One new con rod
New gaskets and seals
New timing belt fitted
New oil filter
So hope I'm good to go for a long time just need time to get her all back together.

Nice one!

You'll be back on the road pretty soon so.

What did Ali say about run in (you didn't get a hone or new rings right)?

:clap great news adrain will be back on the road in no time now :thumbsup:

them shells look fair bad :icon_omg:

[quote author=Keadeen link=topic=41032.msg1#msg1 date=1394992238]
Nice one!

You'll be back on the road pretty soon so.

What did Ali say about run in (you didn't get a hone or new rings right)?
[/quote]no rings were fine I just have to take it handy for a while also do two oil changes after two 500 mile trips just to clean the engine out.
He is not sure what caused the bearing to break it could have been bad oil he said there was a lot of brown in the engine,I only have it a year and done 6k in that year with two services so Maybe it got the wrong oil at some stage of its life??

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=41032.msg1#msg1 date=1394992615]
:clap great news adrain will be back on the road in no time now :thumbsup:

them shells look fair bad :icon_omg:
[/quote]yea they look nasty I was lucky I stopped driving it.
It could have been worse if the rod broke!

Back