Exhaust manifold opinions

EoinF

ISDC Club Member
Hi folks,

Whilst the car is in with Larkin, I'm having a look at future upgrades. I'm still an absolute novice to cars and Subaru's in particular, but I did read in one of the threads here that upgrading the manifold would let out more of the Scooby rumble that we all love. However, that was on for a hawkeye non-turbo (perhaps a ej204?). I'm wondering if the same effect can be found for doing the same on the ej208 (BE5D)?

If so, any opinions on manifold/header upgrades? The first one I found recommended on scoobynet was https://www.rhdjapan.com/fujitsubo-super-ex-header-exhaust-basic-manifold-be5-bh5.html, so kinda confused but it's good information to have.

Thanks for reading.

Kind of man... that other thread you see, non turbo models came with an equal length manifold, turbo were unequal. Your b4 is unequal so by upgrading you might get a small bit more burble...but it's mostly power gains. Not really needed unless pushing big power. If you want more burble, I would be doing a secondary (or primary...can't remember which) cat delete, and a louder back box..kakimoto or nur spec or something... they'd be loud now lol. If you have a back box, but a standard center section, that would be resonated to make it quieter. Good cat back would make it loud and burble πŸ‘Œ

Also...again, it's a few years since I had mine so I might be wrong on numbers...but is it 0.7 bar primary and 1.1 secondary...I think...could be wrong

Anyway, free mod
Line 10 mod they call it.
Basically change one of the vacuum lines and you get 1.1 in both primary and secondary stage
Can't argue there. Free is always good lol
Loads of threads and videos online showing how to do it πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

Just get keep it stock eoin be my advice your spending plenty already get it up and running and reliable then take a look the bodywork/paint if the piggy 🐷 bank not smashed to bits by then maybe look at good tires pads and wheels ect...

Not the exciting answer sorry πŸ‘

One step at a time.

I agree actually you know.
Get the car right. Get it home, get the run in mileage done, get it mapped. Check bodywork, get that sorted, once the car is A1, then start on your mods πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ
You would get a loud back box for it handy enough if your looking for more sound, but as for manifold upgrades, decats, center sections etc..leave them off a while as Ciaran said πŸ‘

Nah, it makes sense. Wasn't sure but there was no harm in asking.

Thanks!

If ye want to, thread can be locked.

Last edited:
Well, I have the genome muffler that Ciaran said he'd stick on for me (keeping the standard for down the line as they are fairly hard got), so we'll see how that sounds once everything is donezo. If in a few years I want more noise, I'll look into that decatting one and going that road

Well, I have the genome muffler that Ciaran said he'd stick on for me (keeping the standard for down the line as they are fairly hard got), so we'll see how that sounds once everything is donezo. If in a few years I want more noise, I'll look into that decatting one and going that road
I had the genome on my BE5, it's such a nice soundπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

Anything Tomei or Fujitsubo personally but they can be expensive. For the quality and sound, hard to pass up

Genome all the way Eoin.....but I would be biasedπŸ˜‚

Even better that you have 1 ,your already winning.....πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

And I'd have similar view as above Eoin...
Get the car running right first mechanically, then bodywork, that alone will have you smiling for a good while...there be plenty time for upgrading bits after...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Genome all the way Eoin.....but I would be biasedπŸ˜‚

Even better that you have 1 ,your already winning.....πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

And I'd have similar view as above Eoin...
Get the car running right first mechanically, then bodywork, that alone will have you smiling for a good while...there be plenty time for upgrading bits after...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Ya, that was always the plan. Just there's no harm asking questions while its in.

Back