Football - who's your team

[size=10pt] [shadow=red,left][glow=red,2,300]LIVERPOOL[/glow][/shadow][/size]

Is there no Spurs fans?

Its Tottenham Hotspur for me.......

Few good signings recently......will test Utd on Saturday

Ken

Nothing sorted yet John, season ticket holders get first refusal

on the Champions League tickets, then what ever's left goes to us club members.

Have to wait and see.

Anton , there i thought you only bought Nuts for the pictures of Michelle Marsh :D

Eamonn

ha ha all you liverpool fans...new here but couldnt miss the chance to get 1 up on all the liverpool fans...

EVERTON Fan here and was over for derby match it was mental...3-0...theres only one andy johnson....

pure class...

[quote author=deco c link=topic=197.msg2719#msg2719 date=1158268093]
L I V E R P O O L all the way.............chelsea are getting it on sunday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

getting what??? a goal...

how did u become an everton fan,was it a bad bet gone wrong.you,ll still never have five stars above your crest,ha ha

liverpool legend

[quote author=mart link=topic=197.msg2884#msg2884 date=1158618296]
ha ha all you liverpool fans...new here but couldnt miss the chance to get 1 up on all the liverpool fans...
[/quote]
So ye won your "Champions League final" - well done :clap:
Will Moyes be resurrecting his "best team on merseyside" claim now :shock: Only a couple more boxes to tick first I suppose.......

......when you've won 3 cup finals and 3 semi finals, when you've beaten us to the double and we've had to trail behind your lot in an open top bus, when you've won 5-0 at Anfield, when we spend 20 years choking on your dust, and in the one year we get ahead, you win your 5th European Cup and overshadow everything, when one of your players has scored over 20 derby goals

then we're even.

ahhh dont you love liverpool fans still chatting about things that belong in the history books...Just remember where it all started if we are quoting history...

[quote author=mart link=topic=197.msg3007#msg3007 date=1158788004]
ahhh dont you love liverpool fans still chatting about things that belong in the history books...Just remember where it all started if we are quoting history...
[/quote]
They don't belong... They are in the history books.

I did not fully realise the extent of the history!
During the move to Goodison, Everton also became a limited company, with an original issue of 500 one-pound shares. In the beginning it looked like there would be two Everton's in the city, but the FA ordered that the majority who had moved to Goodison Park would be allowed to keep the name, Everton. So Houlding and the rest who stayed at Anfield formed Liverpool FC. Liverpool's first captain was Andrew Hannah, a champion with Everton in 1891. So this split is the foundation for one of the biggest and most traditional rivalries in football. The first Merseyside derbies were played in the 1894-95 season, when Everton won the first match at Goodison, in front of a 44,000 crowd (the then league record), 3-0 and then drawing 2-2 at Anfield with a crowd of 26,000.
So Mart I look forward to history continually being made!!! I suppose newer rivals like Utd and Chelsea have taken the focus away from the Merseyside Derby!!

so why did yous leave anfield in the 19th century again,i forget just like i forget the rest of your history maybe because yous hav none ha ha

[quote author=johnny5 link=topic=197.msg3021#msg3021 date=1158791353]
so why did yous leave anfield in the 19th century again,i forget just like i forget the rest of your history maybe because yous hav none ha ha
[/quote]
The creation of the Football League and Everton's success in it soon had some undesirable side effects.  John Houlding had bought Anfield and he more than doubled the rent in a few years.  In early 1892, the resentful Everton board, lead by George Mahon, decided to find a new ground for the club.

Mahon already had a reservation for a field in the northern part of Stanley Park, near Goodison Road, called Mere Green Field, which was described as a "howling desert".  The "rebels" were determined, though; they cleared the new area and built fabulous terraces for their new home, giving it the name, Goodison Park, leaving a remnant of the club at Anfield.
FYI
http://www.toffeeweb.com/history/concise/1888-1915.asp

[attachment deleted by admin]

[quote author=johnny5 link=topic=197.msg3021#msg3021 date=1158791353]
[/quote]

No the derby dont mean nothing....lol..you like to think so.. they are the biggest games of the season for the teams from merseyside...
the city is blue once again...dont be a sore loser..

anton stop been so bloody imformative only havin a laugh. :drunk:

only messing anton great imfo :clap: :subaru: :subaru: :subaru: :subaru: :subaru:

I really only thought it was because they are from the same area, I did not realise they were at Anfield before... no wonder we are looking for a new stadium!! :p

Back