forester brake caliper holder.

evoman

Sunday Drivers
Anyone have a passanger side front caliper carrier for a 05 forester xt. Mine is rattling badly.Thanks Gavin.

Hey Dave, the rattle is from the front left when you go over light bumps or a rough road but goes out of it if you slightly tip the brake. Everything else is fairly new under it, has new drop links and new a ball joint on that side.

Have you stripped it down

Sounds like possible no shims and hear a slight click on first brake.

Bracket is firmly bolted on. Cannot see how rattle

Hasn't been stripped down but had a mechanic look at it and he said there was a little play between the caliper and slider. Does that make sense to you? The rattle feels like a bad drop link but they are perfect.

Last edited:
Rattle only occurs over bumps and the minute you tip the brake lightly the sound goes.

Anyone have a passanger side front caliper carrier for a 05 forester xt. Mine is rattling badly.Thanks Gavin.
Hi Gavin don't know if you got sorted or not but I said I'd offer my advice.
Toyotas have a lot of brake carrier rattling issues also, and what we do in the dealer take the pins out of the carriers, clean them down and regrease them with stuff we call 'white grease', its almost like a glue, used to absorb vibration but offers enough movement when warmed, probably available in the bigger motor factors.
Something to try before you spend big bucks on calipers and carriers!
Hope this helps

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Back