Foz sti Co2 numbers

johnkin

Hi lads,

So I've had the car on the road a while and now and been tipping away at it. So far I've started the sound deadening, 3inch turbo back, 2016 tmic, cam/timing belt, all oils/filters done and some uniroyal rainsports. The inside car noise is alot better now thank god.

Anyway I went to vrt the car on sunday and been told that they have forester sti on the system and becuase I didn't have the co2 cert I will get charged the max amount, could be additional 600 or 700e. He said they will call me back with the final figure but I can present the co2 numbers then instead.

I've asked a few Irish subaru dealers for the co2 but no joy, even subaru Ireland said they can get it and that even if they could it wouldn't be relative as meant for jdm only! Subaru UK said it might be available but want to charge me 150str!!

Anyone know where I might get this, or if I could use a new age ej25 sti one and just point to same emgije codes?

Cheers

It’s Not going to happen it’s only 600 euros for the Max charge . There looking for an official document not a print off from a dealer Just pay it 👍

Good job on the rest of the work 👍👍

Last edited:
It’s Not going to happen it’s only 600 euros for the Max charge . There looking for an official document not a print off from a dealer Just pay it 👍

Good job on the rest of the work 👍👍
I'd rather have that few pound in my pocket than theirs but looking like I'll have to pay it eitherway.

They never did a print out of the co2 emissions so you cant get 1 simple . We all want to pay less especially for 2 plastic plates but that’s the way it is . Appeal the final price and hopefully you’ll get your 600 back 👍

They never did a print out of the co2 emissions so you cant get 1 simple . We all want to pay less especially for 2 plastic plates but that’s the way it is . Appeal the final price and hopefully you’ll get your 600 back 👍
Just got the text and rang for the final, they quoted me €39,920 and said "it's just one of the them cars, it nearly a classic"!!
After a good chat with them they've agreed to get revenue to recheck the figure and will come back to me. They're unbelievable.

39k Vrt on a 7k Car 😡😡 but I guess they. Can do what they want . Just got a quote myself for 4185.32 for a legacy. And not very happy about 😩

That's what I said, has to be a typo. She confirmed that's the figure infront of her and is gone off to double check with revenue. 4k on a lagacy, that's crazy. I was told at the center it should be around 2k but I could appeal based on the fact the price is based on 2021 figures due to delays in processing the last few brought in 2020. Its actually unbelievable

Just got the text and rang for the final, they quoted me €39,920 and said "it's just one of the them cars, it nearly a classic"!!
After a good chat with them they've agreed to get revenue to recheck the figure and will come back to me. They're unbelievable.
Right... so by the logic you'd be sitting on a car worth in excess of a 110k ???
Gotta be a typo... and else I would ask them kindly to give you a guarantee they'll buy it at what they reckoned the MRSP was that got them to a nearly 40k vrt quote lol.

Mental fkrs... surely whatever clown in revenue gave that figure to the local NCT for VRT quote should realise that the maths just don't add up...
A 22B it surely ain't.

You did the right thing though... get them to double check it... if they stick their guns get the written quote with breakdown (go to nct vrt and get the quote and just don't pay them) and send it in to all the papers... Joe Duffy... whatever media outlet will carry it and expose the incompetence. A good kick in the teeth by public humiliation might get them to tone down the mad and ridiculous for a bit.

Couldn't agree more, deffo going to try take it public if they stick to their guns on this, its just not acceptable.
If common sense prevails they'll realise its a typo or something, but that's not always the case from what I can gather here.

I had a look at the claims procedures and the fact we have to pay the vrt before even getting a breakdown is totally unreasonable, they have ye over a barrel from the off!

Ill keep ye posted on this and thanks for the reply!

On a seperate note I got two new uniroyal rainsports on the car and now it's torque steering like crazy, too dangerous to even drive almost. Can tyres have this much of an effect?

On a seperate note I got two new uniroyal rainsports on the car and now it's torque steering like crazy, too dangerous to even drive almost. Can tyres have this much of an effect?
Have put rainsports on several vehicles over the years (customer and own) and never an issue... actually quite a good tyre.
As long as you have two similar on L+R (same axle) wouldn't do that...
Things that can cause it though are different tyre pressures (if more than 10% diff)... or if new and one tyre has a lot of releasing compound left on it from the mould.
Would check that both tyres are identical just to be sure... make sure tyre pressures are the same... and then would drive it for 100-200kms to scrub off any remaining lube from manufacture... If at that point still is happening then something else is going on.
Also, torque steer not usual on an AWD as the other axle would pick up traction duties if it detects enough slip to cause serious torque steer.

Got the rear tryes fitted just there and it resolved the issue. incredible how sensitive the awd is to tryes!

Thanks lads. Loving it so far. Mad to get mapped as have fitted a few mods but can't get to AP in galway with bloody lock down!!
Was considering writing up a blog on the car and work done to date but can't see where ye do it on this app/site?
Do ye know what the story is with the jap nunber plate thread/nut, I had to use gutter bolts as only thing that would work, totally diff to Irish number plate screws, just wondering if that's standard and if so can I get something online?

Below is my vrt break down also.

Attachments

• IMG_20210216_084859.jpg
    IMG_20210216_084859.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back