Frustrating when other scooby owners just don't see ownership the way we do!

F

forester sti

I see a few scoobys regularly enough, I flash and wave,
With one lad it's actually getting comical, It's a matter of principal. I make a big point of waving and no responce!
I do occasionally leave a note on a windscreen telling lads about ISDC,
But I suppose some lads just have scoobys to get from A to B, they aren't enthusiasts :cuckoo:
They don't know what they are missing!
:subaru:
Dan

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=23977.msg285386#msg285386 date=1275291792]
Maybe he's dumbfounded as to why some lad in a soccer mom jeep is waving at him? :dontknow: :1poke:
[/quote]

:roll: :roll: :roll:

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=23977.msg285388#msg285388 date=1275292468]
[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=23977.msg285386#msg285386 date=1275291792]
Maybe he's dumbfounded as to why some lad in a soccer mom jeep is waving at him? :dontknow: :1poke:
[/quote]

:roll: :roll: :roll:
[/quote]

+1 :lol: :lol: :lol:

@ dan , give him the finger :hjtwofinger: next time , see will he wave then :icon_biggrin:

There are loads of lads out there that I know of be it Subaru or Honda nuts for example that love their cars and are not in any clubs.They have no interest in posting up stuff on forums or blowing about them or their cars. Different strokes for different folks.
Some lads just like to keep to themselves.

and some lads, (my old neighbour being 1 of them) just wants a scooby to drive the fkin nuts off it!!!!
He is a menace on the road!!! All he wants to do is race and say "I beat you"! which he said to me alot of the time!!!!
I would never ever race him but his favourite line was "I passed you like you were going backwards"..... That would be because he drives everywhere at 120 mph+ and has replaced his engine 4 times gear box several times and front end of the car more times than i care to count from running into people or not being able to stop fast enough...... If im doin 120kmh and hes doin 120mph of course he is going to pass me like im in reverse!!!!

Total prat

I know a few scooby owners that have no interest in forums,saying they dont want too read the 'horror' stories posted on them!they just want to drive there cars and enjoy them.

Personally i think a forum like ISDC is extremely helpfull and full of very usefull information,helpfull traders and sweet sweet cars :subaru:

i agree isdc has been great help for me the past 2 years well worth any subaru owner to even join for free and see what they think

[quote author=Hammie link=topic=23977.msg285433#msg285433 date=1275301547]
and some lads, (my old neighbour being 1 of them) just wants a scooby to drive the fkin nuts off it!!!!
He is a menace on the road!!! All he wants to do is race and say "I beat you"! which he said to me alot of the time!!!!
I would never ever race him but his favourite line was "I passed you like you were going backwards"..... That would be because he drives everywhere at 120 mph+ and has replaced his engine 4 times gear box several times and front end of the car more times than i care to count from running into people or not being able to stop fast enough...... If im doin 120kmh and hes doin 120mph of course he is going to pass me like im in reverse!!!!

Total prat
[/quote]

I think i know him. :lol: :lolpoint: :lol:

[quote author=gonzogicker link=topic=23977.msg285549#msg285549 date=1275331889]

Total prat
[/quote]
2 arms, 2 legs a head and a heavy righ foot!!!!
sounds like him alright lol

I think i know him. :lol: :lolpoint: :lol:
[/quote]

I tend not to wave unless i know the car, or if it has isdc sticker's,
have done it once or twice, but to get no response can be a bit embarassing. :doh:

Total prat
[/quote]
noticed a fella in cork latley like that driving a white wrx or sti wagon......just bought the car to drive the hole off it id say :angry1:

fooking pr1ck giving everyone else with a subaru a bad name............

[quote author=ker99 link=topic=23977.msg285577#msg285577 date=1275336223]
would that be niall d old wagon that is in cork now
[/quote] dont know man but everytime i see its being driven flat to the matt.......

sometimes i wave at peoploe i dont even know , jus for the crack ,to see the confused expression on their face :ponder2: , most wave back :lol:

Think we might be getting a bit carried away in this thread...buying a product doesn't make you part of an extended family...the ISDC is the common ground, and I'm not saying that because I don't own a Subaru any more ,but it's a bit much to expect people who buy the same car as you to behave in the same way, in fact it's ridiculous.

@ dagnut , maybe so , but maybe not aswell

have noticed been waved at by other jdm "nice lookin" cars , not subaru .by people who dont know you

as if we were jdm cousins or jus a salute to say hello , nice car!

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=23977.msg285991#msg285991 date=1275469939]
@ dagnut , maybe so , but maybe not aswell

have noticed been waved at by other jdm "nice lookin" cars , not subaru .by people who dont know you

as if we were jdm cousins or jus a salute to say hello , nice car!
[/quote]
It's the same with every aspect of life..some people will let you out at junctions, some will cut you up...some people will talk to you some won't..

Back