Frustrating when other scooby owners just don't see ownership the way we do!

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=23977.msg285985#msg285985 date=1275468521]
to expect people who buy the same car as you to behave in the same way, in fact it's ridiculous.
[/quote]

It is. :sucks:

i find it funny when some people ( usually alot older ) start telling me about subarus they had in the past and tell me how great they are and never let them down at a time when ford or opel wouldnt do 10 miles without something falling off , it has happened quite regular to me in my line of work and always have a laugh over it , so maybe a product will link people in unusual ways Dag , but totally agree that not everyone is linked ,

I don't disagree with that Tommy,Subaru is with has brought us together but expecting other people to have the same interest, or even treat the car with the same respect, is a bit much..

I see where you are coming from Dagnut, That's obviously the way your head works, Mine doesn't work like that at all!
I suppose it comes down to how friendly a lad is aswell! I'd be the friendly and chatty type (but there's lots of grumpy lads around)
I imagen that most scooby drivers are enthusiasts, (you'd have to be to put petrol in them)
And typically, enthusiasts appreciate other enthusiasts!
Like Mac Mac says, Nice JDM car owners waving at each other,
I also like really quick Beemers and Mercs, so I often aknowledge them also, Infact I missed out on a fellow scooby owner flashing and waving (in a blue newage at the B&Q roundabout in Nass) because I was "appreciating" a pretty girl in an M3 behind me, :icon_biggrin:
Sure at the end of the day, it's just a bit of craic!! :subaru:
Dan

Not at all to do with being "grumpy" or the way my head works? but thanks for the pop psychology.....I just wouldn't be bothered by the fact that someone didn't wave back at me.

I was a subaru owner for 2 years or more before i joined the club, I had no interest in it at all. Lads were always mentioning the club to me but i couldn't be arsed. When I did join though i was delighted with the meets and help available on here :subaru:

Think we might be getting a bit carried away in this thread...buying a product doesn't make you part of an extended family...the ISDC is the common ground, and I'm not saying that because I don't own a Subaru any more ,but it's a bit much to expect people who buy the same car as you to behave in the same way, in fact it's ridiculous.
[/quote]

Its the same as a biker. 99% of the time you'll get a nod off fello bikers but there are some that are just doing their own thing and have no interest in the comradery that bikers have for each other. Each to their own :thumbsup:

I don't own a Subaru any more
[/quote]
Dagnut, What are you driving now as a matter of interest?

I gave up waving at other impreza drivers long before I sold my WRX as most of them couldn't be arsed. Also, there are so many scoobies on the road now that they're not the rare sight they used to be which probably explains why reciprocating a friendly wave of appreciation is becoming rarer all the time.

Frawls

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=23977.msg286086#msg286086 date=1275493122]
Not at all to do with being "grumpy" or the way my head works? but thanks for the pop psychology.....I just wouldn't be bothered by the fact that someone didn't wave back at me.
[/quote]

:lol: :lol:
I didn't say you were grumpy Dave,
But you and I are different types, ie. I wouldn't describe any statement you make as being rediculous!
That's just me, No bother either way man,
I like the idea that fellow scooby drivers may have some sence of comradery, Even if it is rare, It's still cool when wave is recipricated,
And rather than getting fed up and not bothering like frawls, I just posted on here to vent, and get a bit of a chat going,
Dan

Hi Dan. I saw you on RTE iplayer last week. Well done man, you came across well. Fair play to you for trying to compete with the black economy. It must be hard competing with cash merchants but anyone who goes down the cash route may regret it. I had a client who subed out every part of his house extension only to find massive flaws with almost all of the work done but because he paid cash he had no receipts so couldn't sue them as he couldn't prove there was a contract and by paying cash he was participating in a fraud on the revenue so no court would entertain proceedings even if he issued them.

Regarding saluting scooby drivers, I'm not sure what they'd think if they got a wave from me in a red TT never mind a scooby. I think the whole waiving thing originated from the fact that the cars were rare but that no longer applies. It's a pity as it is nice to get a friendly greeting with a knowing wave of mutual appreciation and I hope it doesn't die out but there is no doubting its getting rarer these days.

Are you driving in Mondello this bank holiday Monday? I am trying to persuade my friend to take out his Teg DC2 for a blast again but since he bought a house last year he's been avoiding track days. I'd love a go in your Forrester some time. Scruff never stops raving about it and now he has me dreaming about it too, especially since I now have a 6month old baby girl and let's just say the TT's not really much of a family car!

Frawls

[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=23977.msg286134#msg286134 date=1275502944]
I don't own a Subaru any more
[/quote]
Dagnut, What are you driving now as a matter of interest?

[/quote]
At the moment nothing, in central london so its hard to justify a car...was very close to buying an E46 M3...been renting a few motors..had an SLK 350 getting a boxster s next weekend, been seduced by open top motoring..I might just join a car club..can't decide at the moment. Was looking at renting that TT rs you where talking about after watch Sutters review of it keeping up with an R8 was very impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH1PatalLk4

why is the guy in the tt taking a different line true the corners than the r8, if the r8 is that much quicker in a straight line it should still pull away in the twistes

Hey, thanx Frawls :thumbsup:
I'm out of the country from this saturday for two weeks, so I'll miss it!
There is loads of track action coming up in the next few months,
If I can afford Torquefest on 30th july (maybe)
I have been working for a mondello lad, So I have a couple of free trackdays to use up :dance:
5th August bank holiday (defo)
Sept ISDC trackday (defo)
30th October Bank holiday (defo)
Maybe one or two in between,
I'd like to try a drift day (in the forester :icon_grin:)

If you let me know if you are around I'll keep the passenger seat free for you!
Dan 0876602141

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=23977.msg286259#msg286259 date=1275519046]
why is the guy in the tt taking a different line true the corners than the r8, if the r8 is that much quicker in a straight line it should still pull away in the twistes
[/quote]
I imagen the TT is much easier to drive on the limit! but the lad in the R8 wouldn't have been able to push the R8 as hard!
Both deadly cars,
The TT has the same AWD as the S3, which is FWD biased, not like the S5 or RS4 which are RWD I'm sure that doesn't help with the understeer, but it would make it easier the drive fast!
Dan

@ frawls , defo reccommend a spin with dan in the jeep :wazzup:. and id hapily wave back to a waver in an audi .

@ dagnut , must be great to be renting different cars to get a proper feel for each . not jus a 20 min testdrive , but a weekend thing , im guessing . :dontknow:

@ dan , thanks again for few laps in passenger seat last day @ mondello . simply sideways :thumbsup:

Yeah just a weekend thing...even parking where I live is a nightmare...it's all I can do for the moment to get my fix it's not the same as owning a car and being able to jump in for a late night spin

Back