garett gt30 turbo

yeah im defo gonna get a dccd 6 speed i know 1 or 2 lads that converted to 6 speed in there type r and non dccd but i rather the diff control myself...yeah thats wat i was lookin into was the spool no use waitin half the day for it to spool up especially with the close ratio box be changin gear by the time it spools and 2500 revs sounds nice want boost down at low revs :icon_biggrin: ill look into the sc billets jus need to get the funds then hardest part :wall: thanks for your help and info .... hows your bus going for ya lad

Well if anything the close ratio gearing will help laggier turbos as you are always say 800rpms higher in a gear than a standard sti box, so your always going tobe closer to your sweet spot with Close ratio gears, the close ratio box really does give that ballistic feeling, like a bike you have to throw it gears, however The likes of 2.5s that are torque monsters are better suited to longer gears, the longer they can be left in a gear to pull the better.. so if you consider the close ratio being always nearly 800rpms higher and the fact because you have 2.5 your rev limit should be 1000-1200 less than a 2ltr, you have less time to use the power/ torque in the gears,

i find its a lot more pull down low with the 2.5 but as u said ya have to feed its gears as quick as u can give it a gear its waitin on the 2nd 1 i was thinkin on puttin a uk 5th gear into my gearbox your cruisin at 100km and its sittin at around 3500 or lil more but ill prob hold out for the 6 speed

Back