Gotta love this cool scoob.

:smokin:

0008.jpg

STI_TT.jpg

The twin turbo idea is really cool, but I wouldn't have thought that turbos would work well with only two cyllinders driving each of them,
The twin scroll turbos work well just because the 4 pulses are spread more evenly than the single scroll!
If 2 turbos where arranged like that second last picture, so they would have a good flowing manifold (unlick the leggy twin turbos) and then the up pipe could split to feed both with a valve to direct the exhaust to either a small Turbo or to a big GT40

But realistically, If you wanted to run huge power but still have bottom end, Super charge and turbo charge has to be the way to go

worth mentioning aswell that I beleive the EZ36 (3.6 6cyl for the tribeca) is only an 40mm odd longer than the EJ20/25! that would run whatever turbo you wanted!
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=24153.msg290861#msg290861 date=1277227527]

worth mentioning aswell that I beleive the EZ36 (3.6 6cyl for the tribeca) is only an 40mm odd longer than the EJ20/25! that would run whatever turbo you wanted!
Dan
[/quote]

Would it work even with the strange rod designe and the further downward piston travel or it doesn't make any difference?

[quote author=bandriszal link=topic=24153.msg290996#msg290996 date=1277245974]
Would it work even with the strange rod designe and the further downward piston travel or it doesn't make any difference?
[/quote]

Oh there would be loads of custom bits needed,
Pistons mainly, they could be made so as to lower compression ratio to make her more suitable for turbo charging, and inlet and exhaust manifolds would be interesting!
But still, imagen a 3.6 (probably 3.7 or 3.8) by the time you machine the combustion chambers in the head and fit the different pistons with something like a GT42 on it, Jaysus!
Andy Forrest was building a 3.3 6cyl boxer motor for his next car, He was saying it's basically 1 and a half 22B motors!
Dan

Back