How many lads bring their cars to england for a rebuild/tune up??

brianp

Sunday Drivers
Just a quick question,do the majority of lads here head bring their cars abroad or up north for tuning?
if so would they do it again?

My 97 type R of 12 years is coming up on 150000miles on the ORIGINAL engine and still going strong,record maybe??
any way im cautious of the many cowboys on this island of ours and im wondering when the time comes to maybe book a ferry to England to a more solid base of reputable builders...........or am i being pedantic :)

cheers lads

Just did it with Ali burrows, full engine rebuild and other works, great service, expensive but good.

dont know about building engine but for test drive there is no better place than Scooby Clinic.

They really know how to look after a car at the clinic :facepalm::facepalm:

Had mine done by Ali burrows. Perfect job as far as I'm concerned.

Engine tuner or rcm only place I'd go
But yours was built by Ali?

What a statement. Dishing the guy actually built your engine. Amazing?

Ali is a dedicated builder that you sent your short block to be stripped/checked and built by.

Give at least someone a bit of respect.

Last edited:
He asked about the uk Dave not here
Sorry no he didnt

He asked re south north or UK.

And you responded as a chairperson of isdc with a comment re UK even though your engine was built by Ali.

You dont see me plugging. And actually in high defense of Ali here. Know the man 16 years

You sir can take any angle you want.

You sir give absolute huge time to the club re at events.

But from above are an absolute fraud. And imo the ISDC is in the worst postition it has been in its history and i am a member 11 years.

More the majority of you

Personally the S204 you currently drive was the worst car you have ever have viewed by your own comments. Basically an absolute piece of sh*t. But now is best thing since sliced bread.

I am in this club far longer then you. And it does not need this fake type of clientle.

Certainly not as chairperson

Last edited:
Do you actually think in this small island you can comment in the way you have and come up smelling of roses?

Your looking to rise a row now Dave Go look some where else not happening with me .

Yes ali built my engine and did top class work .

Regarding the the rest of your statement I don't know where your dreaming it up . But not getting involved Dave.
I bought the car from Mick Viewed it it your garage and collected it the next day . Thanked you for putting it out for me and paid mick .

End of .

Your looking to rise a row now Dave Go look some where else not happening with me .

Yes ali built my engine and did top class work .

Regarding the the rest of your statement I don't know where your dreaming it up . But not getting involved Dave.
I bought the car from Mick Viewed it it your garage and collected it the next day . Thanked you for putting it out for me and paid mick .

End of .
Joe please dont look to dismiss me here.

I really couldnt give a sh*t.

Obviously welcome to erase from site.

You absolutely dismissed and slagged that S204 off. If that is your way to haggle. So be it. But was pretty much insulting to "all" concerned.

To read its a now a perfect car is astounding regards how you commented on it.

Do you want me to list your complaints and issues with the car on the day??

Posts are screenshoted if feel want to erase?

You "should" be the neutral of this club.

A pinnacle.

And what you showed is a simple "fraud".

Never been so shocked to be honest.

Oh by the way for all reading. Yes it is a perfect car. All auction sheets were included and was brought into ireland sub 10km.

Last edited:
As a lot of the lads have said above Ali burrows is the best in ireland, some lads go to the UK but you have to factor the cost of transport and also on the off chance you have an issue after the build Ali is relatively close compared to another trip to the UK. It's really a personal preference on it ????

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

why the hell would you go to england for something that there a loads of good guys here can do?
is it to tell the lads in the pub?
do you think that far off hils are greener?
uk tuners are better?
or just have more money than sense

i always found this subject funny
from my experience there are more cowboys in the uk than over here by a country mile

post not aimed at original poster, just always a subject that i couldnt get my head around

http://www.isdc.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?214-Members-Ideas-Comments-Suggestions-Improvements

Dave you should stare a thread re. The highlited section below at the link above
be best to get any problems you have out for discussion surely be in the clubs interest witch we all want
dissappinted to read that You feel that way
genuinely ????

Sorry no he didnt

He asked re south north or UK.

And you responded as a chairperson of isdc with a comment re UK even though your engine was built by Ali.

You dont see me plugging. And actually in high defense of Ali here. Know the man 16 years

You sir can take any angle you want.

You sir give absolute huge time to the club re at events.

But from above are an absolute fraud. And imo the ISDC is in the worst postition it has been in its history and i am a member 11 years.

More the majority of you

Personally the S204 you currently drive was the worst car you have ever have viewed by your own comments. Basically an absolute piece of sh*t. But now is best thing since sliced bread.

I am in this club far longer then you. And it does not need this fake type of clientle.

Certainly not as chairperson

Colm do you really want me to sit at a laptop and go through "quote" for "quote the S204 viewing and what was said.

Do you really want me to write in a post re isdc member "animal spec c" a 2.1 block and isdc "markobucko" and "scoobysub"? With a legal and law threat???????

I mean you know as well as i do it would be an instant "egm"

Again.

All posts a screenshotted.

And anyone of admin feels the need to erase has more to answer then these posts themselves.

I have been with this club longer then 99% of people here.

And no. It is not nice what it has become. It is not progress.

Last edited:
Back