I TUNES I TOUCH.

johnjoe64

Petrolheads
Folks what does this mean and will it affect the sound quality if I use it on my I Touch many thanks John Lewis.
Convert Higher Bit Rate Songs To 128 kbps Acc. If I clik on it when I Touch is connected it frees up a lot of memory space cheers :thumbsup:

It's refering To the compression ratio of the music file! Most people rip music at a higher rate as thru a larger sound system it will be better quality, however the I touch has a li
It of 128 and anything above that is wasted! Higher compression uses bigger files! I normally say no when it asks me as I have a 32 gig iPod touch and a 16 gig iPhone!!! Quantity isn't an issue lol

It really depends on how sensitive you are to the quality of sound...
Some people hear the difference (I do) other don't. But as Hammie wrote above, its all about saving space on your iPod Touch - while syncing all the mp3 files are converted "on the fly" to lower quality/ smaller files.

It's worth to mention that ACC provides audio encoding that compresses much more efficiently than older formats, such as MP3, yet delivers quality rivaling that of uncompressed CD audio.

a 128 kbps AAC file is similar in quality to a 192 kbps VBR MP3 file (with the AAC file weighing in at less than 90% of the equivalent MP3 file size) :thumbsup:

I'd suggest you to test it and see if you can hear the difference ;)

its being played through an DICE interface so i think using the 192 aac will be fine. you wouldnt get the full 320kbps through the DICE unit

Thanks folks I will try it over the weekend and Dan the Dice interface is pretty good compared to the feckin FM Transmitter cheers. John L.

Hi Folks I did this over the weekend and its works fine quality still as good and I freed bout 5 gig on the I touch many thanks John L.

Back