Knocking at really low speed

I wouldn't think it's the diff so. If the diff was focked, it may clunk a bit at low speed but when speed increased it'd get worse, not dissapear

Strange that it only happens hen the car has been running for longer than a half hour. It doesnt happen at all when its cold. And once u get going it is gone. :wall: Justed talked to the seller and he has talked to the mechanic who said the oil/lubricant in the gearbox may need to be changed although he hadnt a chance to take a proper look at it yet. I can only pray :pray: it is something simple like that.

Well Lads, according to the mechanic, the driveshaft is fukked, and he is now trying to source a new 1. Could be without the car for a few weeks now. Any B4 owners have to replace this before? How long did it take to get it?

drive shaft? how many miles are on it? that should be covered under warranty..you'd wanna be looking at 80k miles plus before drive shafts go..even that would be low..theres a site for 50 euros or something they will check the history of your car in japan..mileage, if it was crashed etc etc..il get the address for you

all I got on my car at the time was the milage but it's cost more for other bits of info

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=3188.msg31334#msg31334 date=1186670584]
drive shaft? how many miles are on it? that should be covered under warranty..you'd wanna be looking at 80k miles plus before drive shafts go..even that would be low..theres a site for 50 euros or something they will check the history of your car in japan..mileage, if it was crashed etc etc..il get the address for you
[/quote]

There's 75k on the car, it's the drive shaft to the front left passenger side, not the main shaft which makes me think it could've been damaged if it hit a kerb or something, possibly from being rallied around when they took it off the boat as there was damage to the left side of the front bumper and they ripped out the radio, Scumbags. Still waiting on word on getting a replacement part from Japan, its under warranty and the seller is going through HB Dennis in airside to get the part from subaru in japan

as long as hes looking after you on warranty..i know the feeling of buying a car and it not being right its a pain in the t!ts ..hope you get it sorted soon

Thanks Dagnut, ye its a bit of a pain alright but they have been good to deal with so far. Just talking to him now and says they found the part up the North so hopefully it'll be ready by Tuesday or Wednesday. He's also givin me an audi A4 until its fixed. Other than this problem its a super car, great condition. Will get pics up as soon as its back and washed. Hopefully this is the only problem I have with it.

Thanks for all the help guys, glad i became a member

Rob

B4 Problem

Hey guys,

Had a problem recently with the B4, was still under warranty so the dealer left it into a garage and got it "fixed". The said there was a problem with the front passenger side driveshaft and so replaced it. I took it back last night and once I had been running the car for over 45 minutes the knocking started again. Now he has said he will take it back which is fine but he has told me that some aftermarket diffentials start to knock at low speed when they are hot. I have no idea whether this is an aftermarket diff anyway. The mechanic has said he can see nothing wrong when he looked at the differential.

Now I have absolutely no idea whether this is true or not so if any1 knows anything about them it'd be great? Was also wondering if it could be the clutch or perhaps a bushing as it sounds as though something is slipping but the fact that the problem goes away when you speed up means that i haven't really got a clue. :ponder: :ponder:

Thanks,

Robbie

Re: B4 Problem

Sorry to hear about your troubles. but them legacy's seem to be giving people alot of bother

Blacklegacy..bring it back get your money back.Loads of b4's for sale at the moment...problem with bringing it to his mechanic is he ovbiously has a vested interest to keep the costs of repair down..he probaly threw some lube on it and hoped you wouldnt come back.IMO the b4 is grand once you run it on booster..most owners i know are well happy with them.

Thanks Dagnut, if it's not fixed this time, thats what im gonna do. The car is very hard to find in black and then this has custom grill, and body kit aswell which makes me reluctant but i will cut my losses soon if its not fixed

Yea I'd go along with what Dagnut said,also could you get in touch with one of the lads off the site who are mechanic and get them to have a look then you could go back to your man and say listen this,this and this is wrong and get it sorted or I want me money back.Theres nothing worse then when you have a car you love and it aint running right. :hang: :thumbsup:

Cheers Jim, do you know the names of any of the lads names that are mechanics?

If any1 is willing to look at it or would even if they want a few bob 2 look at it that'd be great for piece of mind, cause as Dagnut says he has a vested interest in the car so an independant view would be brilliant

Was up at Couture Dunboyne receantly looking for a part and out of curiosity asked how much for a service-he asked what exactly what i wanted done and did my BUSHINS NEED REPRESSING,now as i had similar knocking myself and had all the experts look at it this is the first time anybody has mentioned it,i'm still going to go down the road of replacing all of mine and i would still say this is the problem your having

I've got this knocking sound coming from the back of my car as well. Only when slowin down to a stop and pulling off slowly. I'm getting it checked during the week. I'll let ya know what the verdict is Blacklegacy. I got my car from Performance Cars as well. They seemed sound enough to me to deal with

Back