Let’s talk about this little friend or ours 🙄

glenhawkeye2.0

Sunday Drivers
Hi guys
I want talk about our little buddy below I want to hear it all because I’m sick of it been a plague for me for most of the time Iv had the car also from researching this to bits Iv found out a couple things also and what Iv found is my code below is left bank p2441 and p2443 is the right bank i changed out both valves about 2 years ago and fault did not disappear and also had another look at them the other day and found no rust or water present in them or any of the tubes pump is also dry! Now iv finally conceded that I’m gonna buy a new air pump from eBay good value on they’re they are for anyone looking for one! I also changed the pump relay today because they are known to stick and throw on the engine light also plus it’s in it since 2006 also found out from poxy research also that those valves only last about 60 miles money racket for Subaru obviously and that’s why they’re €250🙄 tell me your woes and hopefully I can help you also cheers lads 👍🏻

Attachments

• 27A62D71-FECF-420F-904A-8DE72161DB38.jpeg
    27A62D71-FECF-420F-904A-8DE72161DB38.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
I doubt very much its your air pump I have a spare I can loan you, but if you take out the pump and connect to a battery you will hear it pumping my light came on a couple of times last year, and haven't seen it again

I doubt very much its your air pump I have a spare I can loan you, but if you take out the pump and connect to a battery you will hear it pumping my light came on a couple of times last year, and haven't seen it again
Pump is in it since I got the car and is very noisy I’m after buying another already and should have it in a couple days but thanks for that gesture appreciate it 🙏🏻 still runs at cold start tho and code only pops up about every six weeks and when it does its only straight after start up if I let the car idle and don’t drive off straight away 🤔 no harm putting a new one in anyway especially how old it is and can rule that out in future when it pops back up again ha

If Youre car is a Turbo You can have the codes mapped / disabled out off it and no need to keep replacing pumps etc.

If Youre car is a Turbo You can have the codes mapped / disabled out off it and no need to keep replacing pumps etc.
I hear ya barking and that’s another thing Iv looked into but on the rx the ecu is locked and is wat I have unfortunately as Yano yourself ha so I’m stuck replacing expensive useless parts every so often that are used for 30 seconds on startup to dilute emissions 😂😂 and the engine light will continue to drive me insane ha

I hear ya barking and that’s another thing Iv looked into but on the rx the ecu is locked and is wat I have unfortunately as Yano yourself ha so I’m stuck replacing expensive useless parts every so often that are used for 30 seconds on startup to dilute emissions 😂😂 and the engine light will continue to drive me insane ha

Yeah they can't be done
But lads where passing the nct anyway there before
Might have changed again

Yeah they can't be done
But lads where passing the nct anyway there before
Might have changed again
Yeah last year morning of my nct the fault came up on the dash and my emissions where nice and low on test sheet that system only runs for 30 seconds on cold start up to dilute the exhaust emissions 🤷🏻‍♂️ it has absolutely no benefit to how the engine runs it’s a cheat to make the car have low emissions on cold start up pointless also I always treat my fuel with dipetane a few weeks before nct anyway not nice tho seen an engine light appear

Last edited:
Yeah last year morning of my nct the fault came up on the dash and my emissions where nice and low on test sheet that system only runs for 30 seconds on cold start up to dilute the exhaust emissions 🤷🏻‍♂️ it has absolutely no benefit to how the engine runs it’s a cheat to make the car have low emissions on cold start up pointless also I always treat my fuel with dipetane a few weeks before nct anyway not nice tho seen an engine light appear

If it's not failing the NCT
Not sure if it is

Just
call in to a Subaru Dealer
Ask for a business card
Place on dash in front of engine light
Drive her on
No point replacing failing parts that keep failing if its not required

I am loathe to comment because this seems to be the only thing I have posted about here. :ROFLMAO:
@greenwagon has posted recently about the same issue with his forester. He bought an electronic gizmo though I don't know if it fully solved the problem.
I have put up with this issue longer than most people own a car and you can read about my woes here from 2014: https://isdc.ie/forum/threads/secondary-air-valves-associated-pump.36946/post-447058
My car passes the NCT with the CEL on so there's no worries there but it is an annoying thing.
As Colm says, a business card or black tape will remove it from sight. :p
I asked Olly Mc Carron about the valves and he had them (used ones) but it was in the middle of the pandemic and I didn't ever get to go down to him to get them. I think they are different to the valves on a turbo so check that if you do buy them online anywhere. I had the part numbers from when I got Finnegans to do it but I can't find the receipt now.
Your fan is noisy probably because a valve got stuck and if stuck open, the fumes from the exhaust tend to go back to it and rot the mechanical parts within. That was what happened to my one anyway.

Orange Customize GIF by MOLOTOW™

Back