My New GF8 Impreza Turbo Sport

Really like the steering wheel, might do the same , where did you get the wheel and boss kit from

Wheel looks great. Now you need a pink knuckle-less gloves to keep the sweaty hands of the suede ;)

Latest happenings:

Group N Engine and gearbox mounts now in my possession, must get round to fitting now :)

Bonnet struts arrived, put em on last night. Fierce handy and is a nice touch as well as giving you less restrictions and less chance of that really heavy steel bonnet crashing down on you when working under it.

How do you find the quality?

Seem pretty good, my friend with the Forester that you met at the vee got them for his and hes had em on a few months no probs so I said I'd take a punt. Grand and sturdy and took the 2 ton weight of the impreza bonnet no problem haha. Really want an aluminium one :(

Last night I replaced the ECU with.... the same ECU haha. This one has ECUTEK though :)

Re flashed to standard so just plugged in and can be driven to get mapped.

Car started and didnt catch fire with new ECU so I consider that a success!

EDITED WITH WORKING PICS...

Saturday night I took the chance to fit the Group N gearbox mount and polybush the gearbox crossmember.

Not a tough job once I was able to make use of a lift.

Torque specs for anyone doing this themselves in the future:

Mount: 26 ft/lbs
Crossmember: 26 ft/lbs
14mm bolts: 52 ft/lbs
17mm bolts: 103ft/lbs

Heres the cross member which came off first.

There is a pair of 14mm bolts either side - can see 3 of them in the picture on the piece running transverse. Those were first to go, then I loosened the mount itself, undid the 2 17mm bolts further forward and off she came.

Recommend goggles, sick of shite going in my eyes.

I put a big axle stand under here to take the weight off the crossmember

Once I had the crossmember off and seperated I replaced the 4 old tatty bushes with new super pro ones.

Put that back together then put in the new mount

Bit of fiddling then to get the crossmember lined up again (loosened the bush bolts to give myself some movement) and torqued em all, back off the ramp and went for a few hours of hooning.

Can feel a difference in the gearchange and noticeably less movement of the transmission.

I read a lot about a big increase in NVH particularly when the mount was freshly fitted but I can safely say that's rubbish.

Barely notice the noise and only cos I'm listening out for it, no vibrations. Win win I say and not very expensive or hard to do.

I already have the pitch mount fitted and that didnt lead to any noise either.

Can get the full set (engine mounts, gearbox mount and pitch mount) from Japan at a better price than I've seen elsewhere.

Spot the difference in this and the new one!

Last edited:
Back