My New STi.

Rich3248

Petrolheads
Finally bought a Subaru Impreza STi...

Always wanted one since I was very young and decided it was the right car to buy. It was bought from a member on here (Mark)

So last Saturday I sold my much loved DC5 around 4pm and had this bought by 6pm the same evening. I was never a fan of the bugeye Impreza, was always blobeye/hawkeye but this one really stood out and I kinda fell for it being honest.

It's currently my daily driver and I'm getting use to everything at the moment. Overall a very fun car to be in and also one of the best exhaust notes out there. Keeps me smiling to and from work anyway.

Ye all know the spec by now and have probably seen the car but wanted to make my own thread. Hopefully will be signed up as a member here soon.

- 2001 JDM GDB Subaru Impreza WRX STI
- 02c Blue, factory Zenons, 6 speed, factory rear tinted glass etc
- Im the 4th Irish Owner
- Imported in August 2006
- 93,000km
- Timing belt done @ 89,000 in 2013 by Larkinautomotive

- Blitz Frontmount Intercooler
- Blitz Blow of valve
- Fujitsubo Legalis cat back exhaust
- Factory Cat fitted
- New Large Aluminium uprated radiator & Silicone hoses
- Stock ECU
- HKS Induction kit & hard pipe kit
- A/C Removed
- Inlet manifold powder coated
- AP Racing Paddle clutch fitted (7000km done)
- Just serviced Fully synthetic Mobil 1 5w30 & fresh filter
- New EBC Grooved Discs & fast road pads
- CUSCO Zero 2 Inverted coilover suspension height, damper and camber adjustment
- 4 Defi Gauges & Pods (boost, oil prssure, oil temp, water temp)
- Apexi RSM
- GReddy Turbo Timer
- New Genuine Nardi Wheel
- Blue Bride Brix 2 seat on super low rail (very clean & rare)
- Factory blue 5 piece mats
- Pioneer SPH-DA120 CarPlay AppRadio Touch Screen GPS Bluetooth iPhone Android compatible
- 17" Enkei RPF1`s in original gold powder coat
- 4 brand new Pirelli p-zero rosso`s
- Blue Rays Wheel nuts
- STI Version 2 front splitter & extra add on
- After market rear spats, side skirt extensions & Rear bumper diffuser
- High STI rear spoiler
- Carbon pillar trims
- Oem Wind deflectors
- Aero wipers

Will get better photos soon ������

Last edited:
I've been admiring that bug for a while now.

Nice purchase Rich.
Well wear.

Looks super clean and minded in all the pics.

Enjoy.

I've been admiring that bug for a while now.

Nice purchase Rich.
Well wear.

Looks super clean and minded in all the pics.

Enjoy.

Thanks Graham! Yeah was taken care of alright. Was happy to buy it and hopefully my first Subaru experience goes smoothly

Flawless car well done Rich. As a daily driver, literally the only thing I would change is refit Air Con. With our climate, it is worth having. Demists windows quicker and if you wear a shirt and slacks to work, it keeps you nice and cool getting to work without sweaty pits! The windows down and blower on full just doesn't cut it!

:clap:Good man a very nice way to start subaru ownership :thumbsup: It's a very nice looking bug :clap:

Very clean looking bugeye, I think they've aged well, wasn't mad on them when they came out

Exhaust note is the best on bugs and blob is class

Absolute gem of a car, enjoy, about time you bought a Scooby, you have been looking for fooking ever for one on here, serious motor you have now????????

Thanks lads! Truly one of the better forums to be on. Genuine lads on this.

Any mods ye'd recommend? Was thinking a carbon vortex generator but might be a bit tacky?
Might also get it mapped appropriately.

No to Vortex there for Evos

Good map always money well spent

And get her along to some club events

Enjoy????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks lads! Truly one of the better forums to be on. Genuine lads on this.

Any mods ye'd recommend? Was thinking a carbon vortex generator but might be a bit tacky?
Might also get it mapped appropriately.

First thing is sign up for full membership, honestly the best money you will spend on your car. Seeing lads build threads and all the advice is invaluable.

Try get to a few meets/events and put faces to usernames, iv only been back in a scooby less than a year and have been to a good few events and gotten to know a good few lads.

When i got my bug it was standard except for a sti genome boost gauge and cat back.

Iv done RCM intake, fuel pump and then got Aunghus in Galway to map it, made great power with the stock cat in the downpipe.

Then whatever you like to your own taste, if its an even vortex gene then so be it, make it your own. (within reason ha)

Smashing car that bug :thumbsup:
Hard to put your stamp on car that looks perfect the way it is. Vortex is a no no for me. Dave is right. Just sign in as a full member, get her out and drive!

Nice motor fella... You've been patiently looking for long while and it seems to have paid off. Well wear!

Very nice car! Wecome in the not-so-popular bugeyes owner club:) Bugs have their own spirit though!

Back