Need nct help

Legacy ra

I had my 93 legacy in for nct today, it failed on abs, the car had the running gear converted in 2002/2003 to 1996 impreza sti type ra running gear never had abs and alway passed the nct up to the last nct that was 10years ago (car has been in storage) the old abs pump is in the car. Anyone any idea what I should do don't no what direction to take
Thanks in advance for any help

It used to be a case of "if it's there, it has to work".

I could be wrong, but I think their database is a lot more comprehensive, and the system might tell them what it should have from factory.

Either removing the ABS pump and any lights from the dash, and then covering it up or an engineers report/letter from a dealer.

It's a grey one. Did they say what it was about the ABS that they were failing it?

With it being AWD they should be testing brakes off the rollers, but I've never seen them do a test harsh enough to set off ABS.

Never seen them pull it before when I had the legacy . they do a brake test outside are the wheels locking up when he’s testing it .
what does it say on the sheet

Says on sheet" not working or not going through the correct sequence, no light on the dash think buld is out since the sti convention was done

If it has abs , the light must come on when ignition is on and go out once started , the abs is a separate loom to the engine loom so if it’s still functional just get the bulb on the dash working is my guess

Might be for the light not working as the nct failed a 180sx I owned couple years back for the airbag light not working even the car had no airbag from factory but the dash was changed and the dash I put in was dash had a airbag hopefully that helps

If there's a light blank on the dash, the tester might be looking for it to illuminate with the ignition on, and then switch off once engine is on.

Some NCT testers are previous mechanics, so if they see no light and then look under the bonnet and see the ABS module they'll think you removed the bulb.

Ya I no what your saying, if I put a bulb in will the light just stay in constantly if so will I get away with having the light on a timing relay

Back