Neutral sensor

craig.griffin2003

New member
ISDC Club Member
Hey all,
I’ve a type UK 03 blob sti and I’m getting work done with Ap performance. He mentioned changing a few bits and getting it prepped before it goes into him.
He mentioned checking/changing the neutral sensor on the gearbox as it can make it run lean if it’s faulty. Just wondering has anyone on here had any experience with the neutral sensor? Thanks.
 
Yeah best off to change them before mapping if using the factory ecu ,
Ali Burrows would have in stock,
They can be tricky enough to do as they are on the top of the box between the casing and transmission Tunnel ,
 
if its an STI 6 speed I have an OEM one i bought by accident. Still in the wrapper brand new, you can have it. I can check the exact part number tomorrow.
Im in Galway as well
 
Yea it’s sti 6 speed, if you could that would be great. I could pick it up over the weekend at some stage if that works for ya? Thanks a million.
 
Last edited:
Literally just got my STI mapped with AP this evening and had this issue with the neutral sensor! I had spent the last few months trying to figure out why it was cutting boost.
Cutting boost? It wasn't getting up to a certain rev range on acceleration and then cutting out all boost/power, was it?
 
Cutting boost? It wasn't getting up to a certain rev range on acceleration and then cutting out all boost/power, was it?
It wasn’t fully cutting boost but it would drop from around 1.3 bar to 0.7 or so when accelerating, especially noticeable in the higher gears on the motorway. It wouldn’t lose all power and would keep accelerating if you wanted it to.
 
They are a very common problem with the 6 speed and only really notice when mapping as ap is trying to dial in power and then the ECU cuts it as the switch is showing in neutral. As baz said bit of a pain on y speed cos of the size of the box but can be done 👍
 
Back
Top