new sti's just off the boat

How much was an Irish hawk eye brand new???
That's the price for the genuine irish one! The jdm will be alot cheaper!
Dan

for the standard 2.0 rx hawkeye i paid 29.500 for it the sti version was around 45k from memory i was thinking about getting it but the other half put a stop to it :angry: :angry:

The 2.5 Hawkeye Sti was around the 64 k mark. Eddie Garry told me the new STi would be around 72 k but he wasn't sure but it will be closer to 70k than 60 k :roll:

The EVO X on the other hand will be closer to 50 k than 60 k and considering it is far better looking and the Scooby has now been robed of its voice there will be a lot more temptation to buy it instead :?

Frawls

must say lads lookin @ it from the front i think its fookin gorgeous! interior seems too be run of the mill sti, power: nothin wrong wit 306bhp...but then you get to the back, it looks like a tarted up seat Leon or sumthin. agree with dagnut definitely not a good move for subaru... :doh: :doh:

[quote author=Darkshadow link=topic=5046.msg56262#msg56262 date=1201003440]
for the standard 2.0 rx hawkeye i paid 29.500 for it the sti version was around 45k from memory i was thinking about getting it but the other half put a stop to it :angry: :angry:
[/quote]

29.500??? you coulda bought a brand new 2.5 turbo wrx for that and had cash left over

THe price of the new one in Finnegans is €67,000 so that it across the Board! :cry:

The Hawk Eye was €64- €65 depending where you buy! It's more of a car for the extra money though! :dance:

It's not the looks or the price that will kill it in this country as If I had the money I'd buy one as would most of you i'm sure! :ponder:

The thing that will kill it is the €2000 Tax that will hit these cars from june on! That will but these cars well out of my reach! :thumbsup: :subaru:

So It's more or less the same price as the last one!!!
And it's quicker!
And more powerful!
And better handling!
And traction control! :dance: With an off switch(which would be usefull sometimes for fats carefree motoring) I find the ESP very reassuring in the golf when I'm feeling lazy!
And lighter!
And bigger inside!
What the problem again??? Oh yeah it has no boot! oh well :cry:
Dan

Is posts like this that is getting all the bad karma???? oops
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=5046.msg56413#msg56413 date=1201032191]
So It's more or less the same price as the last one!!!
And it's quicker!
And more powerful!
And better handling!
And traction control! :dance: With an off switch(which would be usefull sometimes for fats carefree motoring) I find the ESP very reassuring in the golf when I'm feeling lazy!
And lighter!
And bigger inside!
What the problem again??? Oh yeah it has no boot! oh well :cry:
Dan
[/quote]

Its 5k dearer..thats a new turbo and a remap, decat down pipe..easy 330bhp

its heavier read the stats on it

Handling is debateable..its softer so it rolls more

its a damn site uglier

its a hot hatch takes it into a different class people like saloon and dont like hatchs changes the whole image of the car

each to there own on opinions of the car but i cant see how you don't see people problem with it

...did i mention its ugly

[quote author=scooby wrx link=topic=5046.msg56371#msg56371 date=1201024841]
[quote author=Darkshadow link=topic=5046.msg56262#msg56262 date=1201003440]
[/quote]

29.500??? you coulda bought a brand new 2.5 turbo wrx for that and had cash left over
[/quote]

Not in Euros you couldn't!!

I suppose I like hatchs!!
As you said Each to there own :thumbsup:

Dan

rear lights are absolutely shocking, as i said before i really like the car, could do with some chunky motorsport wheels

:thumbsup:

The same long travel suspension that causes the new STI to roll around a bit in the bends is responsible for making what are actually very big wheels (18 inch 245's) look like a set of 16 inch wheels.

I think prodrive lowering springs would do wonders for this cars looks and those gold wheels just look tired and old now. The antracite BBS wheels look the dogs undercarriage on the other hand.

Frawls

I thinks it looks ok, apart from those tail lights.. They are pure vomit... Look like something the boyo's stick on their civics...

I don't get why so many people are moaning about Subaru ruining the spirit of the Impreza with this car. The impreza has always been a drivers car. How can this be a bad thing when it is quicker and handles better than the already fantastic saloon Impreza..? Bit daft tbh.

When people see them in the flesh with nice body panels and bits to doll them up a bit, you'lll be hard pushed not to be impressed.

Back