New Stoppers!!

[quote author=trevor m link=topic=16692.msg204930#msg204930 date=1248467970]
not at all,you cover petoll costs and we'll leave it at that :lol: :thumbsup:
[/quote]
even that will be sore enough Trevor considering it took around €45 to go from ballymount to dundalk and back :doh:

@Grahamo i just rang him up and asked him for a set of hawkeye spec c discs and that was it :thumbsup:
0044-1656723060 Ian is his name, nice chap. only problem was i had a little wait as the couriers made a mess of it :icon_rolleyes:

Delighted they finally arrived for ya mate, they look the dogs :icon_grin:

Graham if you are ordering, the discs nicky just got here are 2 piece discs :thumbsup:

Good stuff Nicky!
You can't go wrong with godspeed,
To be honest, regarding pads, ian @ godspeed would surely be able to recommend the best pad for you??
I used redstuff before, and they didn't seem very good untill I was a mile up the road, and lots of brake dust, wrecked me head
I use yellow stuff on track with the skkyline, and I bedded them in in 20 minutes on the N7 and no problems on track, but they do make a bit of noise, (grinding and srceeching when coming to a halt,) I use Padget yellows as track pads on the forester, same company!
Mintex 1166 are pure track pads, so would not work properly till very hot, but savage when there so great track pad, but noisey, dusty road pad
Extreme are just relabled standard pads, aimed at lads who would like to tell there mates that there pads are Exteme,
Mintex 1144/1155 pads are a milder compound, I used 1155's on track, very similar to the EBC yellows,
So I'd say Mintex 1144 or padget black(as used on the forester for the road) and ferodo ds2500 seem to get good reports also!
Good time to swap out your fluid for some Racing grade fluid, some poeple say it corrodes brake lines, But I have been using mintex racing in the forester for 2years now, no problems!
Dan

Nice one Dan :thumbsup:
some good help there, i got the red stuff long ago as i heard some good reports about them,
i was going to replace the old pads with them but when Ciaran had a look at the discs he said it was pointless putting new pads on, so he stuck a set of pads he had in the garage on to tied me over :clap: :clap:

i'll give the red stuff a go and see how they are for now, im well use to brake dust after the mintex :angry1:
yes your right the fluid will be upgraded too Dan be a shame not too :thumbsup:

Cheers for the info Dan :clap:

Lovely 2 piece discs Nick... I likes a lot! :wazzup: :thumbsup:

Anbody tried Feroda's...heard good things about them... but never had a set.. pricey enough I've heard! :dontknow:

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=16692.msg205057#msg205057 date=1248541260]
Anbody tried Feroda's...heard good things about them... but never had a set.. pricey enough I've heard! :dontknow:
[/quote]

good track pads alright but not sure if any good in an everyday road going car!!
:dontknow:

Back