NEWAGE 6SPD BOX AND CLUTCH QUESTION? ONE FOR THE SCOOBY EXPERT

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=13272.msg167003#msg167003 date=1236731941]
on the mouldings on casing of 5 speed...

and above statement gets ken no further...

well it does if his box will fit, or just needs a small mod. bit of outside the box thinking(pardon the pun). will make a cheap upgrade :subaru:

[quote author=KENC link=topic=13272.msg164243#msg164243 date=1236119174]
Ah lads,this is like all foreplay and no sex :wall: Any more info?? sweet cakes and rs-ra have you done this? is there a number for rs=ra cant see one on trader site :ponder2:
[/quote]
will have contact details up in next few days :thumbsup:

Considering i hace a 00 type r, can i use my own drive shafts with 6spd conversion...
Sweet cakes, where did you get all the bits out of? was it a full breaker, you can pm me if you rather

I got some bits from euro auto salvage and some privately. I have to do everything with the legacy, clutch, flywheel, starter, gearbox, prop, rear diff, front and rear driveshafts, rear hubs, front and rear brakes.

You on the other hand need a 3.9 ratio gearbox to match your rear diff (and then the clutch, starter and flywheel as you plan on doing already). You will also need an automatic impreza prop shaft or you can have you own cut and balanced to suit. I'm not sure what front driveshafts are on yours, but you may need 6 speed ones to suit the box (or your own can be made to fit if you buy an adapter(not sure where you get it but someone else might know))

be a lot more expensive if i had to use the 6spd drives as i would probably have to use the 6spd hubs aswell, dnt mind buying the gearbox and rear diff from a newage sti, its the fitting of my standard type r drives im concerned about

You wont need to do anything with the rear at all if you buy a 3.9 ratio 6 speed box. The front driveshafts are different where they meet the gearbox, I dont think you need front hubs to match. You can buy an adapter for the driveshaft (cant remember where i saw them before) that will allow them to fit so you wont need new ones.

Back