no more vrt in ireland

diesel tom

Banned
read lately that they are trying to do away with the vrt
did any one here anything or any up dates on it

jesus be deadly if they done away with it :icon_pray: :icon_pray: :thumbsup:

dont know all i know is they said they are trying to demolish it all together hope they do
i have to give them nearly 11 grand for my new bus :wall:

now is the time i would love to know some one in the vrt
get it done an give some one a few grand cash notes
wouldn mind only i have my paid for reg number an all some waste of money :smokin:

The government cant afford to lose the revenue from VRT. It will be called something else or they will just put up the road tax to make it all back.

lets be honest about it!!!!
The government cant afford to loose the revenue VRT brings in!!!
equally the population cant afford to pay the damn thing either!!!!
I would prefer if it was abolished!!!! However they will hit us elsewhere

Sure isn't vrt against the treaty of versailles?? yet the still manage to screw us over on it :angry1: as said above they won't let that go, it brings in way too much revenue, knowing the shower running this country they'll just rearrange the letters and call it Tax and Registration of a Vehicle (TRV) :lol:

If they abolish VRT on new cars then it would make some sense... They'd make extra money from VAT on new car sales because more people could then afford to buy new cars and it then means they are helping to boost the motor sales industry also...

There's been people saying this for years and still no change. The income that is generated by it far out ways the meager fine that they receive each year for charging it in the first place.

it is in court at the present time lads an they recon at the end of it the vrt will be abolished that it was meant to be abolished when we joined the eu
an we are the only country bar 1 other small country that has to pay it they recon it will be like the uk a set price of €240 yo yos on everything thats
for the paper work end of it an you will still be able to bye privat numbers in cherish numbers roslare thats who was telling me all about it during the
week when i was bying my number for my new bus so please god now all going well :pray: :pray: :pray: :thumbsup:

Re: no more vrt in Ireland

Hello Tom,

VRT or Vehicle Registration tax was abolished in all EU Countries, with an exemption for Ireland and Portugal at the time :thumbsup:

This was due to the two countries government's pleading poverty at the time :whistle:

For all the great years in Ireland there was no talk of abolishing it, with the current economic climate I cannot see Ireland doing it now :doh:

Cheers,

Michael
P.S. Cherished numbers are still available, they increased from €315 to €1000 about two years ago :doh:

hope it comes in by next week. ha ha. fat chance. but knowin my luck ill only have my car changed and it will be gotten rid of.

chances are if the vrt is abolished that another great chunk of value will be wiped from our cars value again

Re: no more vrt in Ireland

[quote author=Michael Spec C link=topic=24281.msg288613#msg288613 date=1276376544]
Hello Tom,

VRT or Vehicle Registration tax was abolished in all EU Countries, with an exemption for Ireland and Portugal at the time :thumbsup:

This was due to the two countries government's pleading poverty at the time :whistle:

For all the great years in Ireland there was no talk of abolishing it, with the current economic climate I cannot see Ireland doing it now :doh:

Cheers,

Michael
P.S. Cherished numbers are still available, they increased from €315 to €1000 about two years ago :doh:
[/quote]

well micheal how are you i know cherish numbers are available an the price i am bying them for years
including last week i baught one for the new scoob thats who was telling me about the vrt micke jesus would be deadly

if you go onto cartell.ie an type in the number you are looking for if its gone it will come up as some ones car if it comes up
no vehicle to match this number then just ring cherish numbers roslare harbour €1000 yo yos an bobs your uncle :thumbsup:

Back