NUTS NUTS BLOODY NUTS

RE: coloured wheel nuts!
What colour is the interior of your car?? ie are the sides of your seats red or blue?
Also your 4pots would look great painted red! so red nuts would go well!
Dan

well its red interior and the calipers well be red.
maybe red but there more of a wine colour so thats why i think blue.
@dan were yours from litchfied or do the volksvagons brakes fit on without any mod.
il probly go for the rally look a.p

Yeh, Mine were from litchfeild/powerstation so they had a fitting kit! and they just barely fit under the 18"s so close that the wheel balancing strios had to be moved further bach on the rim and filed down to give clearance, That's on 355mm discs! they are beautiful though! and they do work very well! over 3 grand fitted!
A great upgrade for you would be 330mm discs and gold Brembos off a new age, With mintex 1155 pads! that woul bolt straight on! and just get the rear gold Brembo calipers with an adapter bracket! they'd be the best value for money! I imagine it wouldn't be much more than a grand fitted!
If you got good AP racing slotted standard sized discs and AP racing 6pots, your talking around 2 grand for the front's alone!
Let us know what your doing either way! :thumbsup:
Dan

I have what Dan just said the brembos off a new age on a classic have to say they are way better then the last ones 800 euro fitted

ya 2,100 for the front unfitted or everywhere iv checked.
but the lad in godspeed said he has the rear fitting kit aswell for the brembos.
but i like to keep eveything the same.
so which is better a full set of brembos or a front set of a.p and brembos on the rear.?

oh as for this thread, when he heated the nut he destroyed the alloy, a little patch around the nut.
so i have to get them resprayed, so there goes the timing belt done.

keith was that 800 front fitted?

Well there is no point in getting AP's if your not getting 6pots and they would be undoubtedly better than the gold 4 pot brembos!!!!!!!
BUT you'd have to match up the colours! So that would mean painting the rear calipers to match the AP's so they would work out about €1500-1600 more expensive than the entire Brembo package!
On the bright side, the Brembo's are more than enough for the classic's! The standard brembo's that were on the forester were only slightly not up to the job after about 70 absolutely flat out KM's at mondello before they started to fade and the forester is much heavier than the classic , And driven like a lune :D
So I'd say go for the full Brembo conversion kit with mintex 1155 pads (not extreme) and if you want to spend a bit more, get some standard sized slotted front discs (not drilled, they chew up pads) braided lines and mintex racing fluid and you'll have better brakes than you'll ever need! :thumbsup:
That's my thoughts anyway! I hope it helps!
Dan

Is your timing belt due a change???????
I wouldn't mind driving around on a discoloured wheel for a few weeks only to be sure my engine was safe!
Dan

i think il still consider the front ap's, im not too bothered about the rear, sure the rear ap is nearly the same price as the front.
itl be a while anyway. but it nice to no other options. :thumbsup:
ah the timing belt, its not due the last time i checked, but i wouldnt trust it.

[quote author=dohcturbo link=topic=6002.msg71663#msg71663 date=1206402056]
are they D2s on yours dave, how do you find them.

[/quote]

the D2's are on the grey sti tuning type r....... brakes were cosen mick spec c (the owner) have to say they preform pretty good......
(but braided lines provided with these and k sport (same calipers) are advised to have a goodridge up-graded lines and bin ones provided) we have done this.......
As we have not had a proper track review of this i can't give my view but have to say certainly on fast road use they are very very good...

i have ap racing 6 pot on my own personal car which i also cannot fault......

[quote author=dohcturbo link=topic=6002.msg71880#msg71880 date=1206471652]
thats right ed your giving me a go sat nite weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :whistle:
[/quote] giving u a go?

sure my real job is with health and safety and il have to check your aftermarket ap's just to see if youl be safe.

Deffo go ap if you can i went with the brembo's because of price and yes that was 800 fitted with braded hoses and new fluid (from Damo)

Back