Nvidia GTX 295

is this compatible with any laptop?i have a hp elitebook6930p and have had the screen flicker and lose picture and had to lower the resolution on laptop to stop it happening as oftan it went away for a bit but from time to time it happens so if this cures this problem id be interested price and location plz thanks alan oh and who can fit it for me lol

Im sorry but its for a PC computer not a laptop.

As for your video problems, with that laptop it has onboard video so the vga card can not be replaced in that model.

It could be driver problem, or a cable issue in the screen, or it could be just the screen going.
I would need to have a look to tell you what the problem is, my shop is in castletownbere, so im most likely to far away from you. so you would need to go to somewhere closer to get it checked out.

Aaron

A great card, still better than most of the current models...
until few months ago I used to have 285 and it was playing most of the new games
on a decent settings :thumbsup:

[quote author=Aaron link=topic=34066.msg390947#msg390947 date=1334678121]
Im sorry but its for a PC computer not a laptop.

As for your video problems, with that laptop it has onboard video so the vga card can not be replaced in that model.

It could be driver problem, or a cable issue in the screen, or it could be just the screen going.
I would need to have a look to tell you what the problem is, my shop is in castletownbere, so im most likely to far away from you. so you would need to go to somewhere closer to get it checked out.

Aaron

[/quote]

sound i know the place well any further and ur in the water!!another small problem is when i disconnect from usb ports the laptop switches off and sometimes restarts?any ideas are they related to the screen problem?

Bad drivers, but that's rare for USB Drivers to get corrupt, main reason for that would be bad hard drive or errors on a hard drive and the driver would have to be on that spot which would cause files to get damaged or another one is a real badly messed up windows can cause it too, but kinda rare aswell.

Hard to know with out seeming it in action, but i will go with a hardware issue over software since your already showing problems with display, so ya both issue could be easily linked.

Since laptops are mainly just a motherboard, if it got a knock or any bit of a small drop in or out of laptop bag (aware of it or not), could be enough to cause damage or drops of liquid through the keyboard.

I do free check ups, pity your far away as i would love to help you out!

Aaron

say it was all u mentioned what are you taking price wise to repair?pm if you prefer..i could get it as far as cork or shannon if that was any use as i rather u looked at it than leave it in some unknown place and get ripped off :icon_hang: i rather spend with in the club using the isdc discount of course :icon_lol:

to be honest if its major hardware, i mean been your motherboard its not worth fixing you could spend up to €250-350 its crazy money for a laptop over 2yrs old.

Seeing that you can get i3 and i5 laptops starting from €450/500+

Im sure there is places that will look at it and then give you a price, if you need any advise your more than welcome to ask me here or give me a ring on 087-1224383 or my shop 027-71576

Aaron

send me your email and i'll send you a few prices tomorrow, but since your near the city you will most likely get much better prices due them buying in such huge amounts for the shop floor.

But I can send you on a few difference spec's so you know what you should be looking for and what price range they are in and around. At least you will know when your getting a good deal or not.

If you like my prices, I can have them shipped by fastway. I can supply any laptop really, so if you even have a laptop model in mind then i can look it up for you.

any questions or any help you may need do not hesitate to ask!

Back