One for the detailer lol

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
Alright lads, I need foam Canon opinions!
I got a new pressure washer last week, AR Blue Clean, great yoke, my Aldi one finally gave in after almost 6 years, not bad for 100 quid, and that done A LOT of washing lol
Anyway, to the point, I had a Karcher attachment for the Aldi hose, with the Karcher foam bottle.
I will need another attachment for this if I'm sticking with the same foamer, but I'm open to suggestions.
Polar Blaster by Autoglym, foam Canon by Auto finesse etc etc
Basically, what are yer opinions on a good foamer, I want a good thick foam that will sit on the car for a good 4 or 5 t minutes while I work at smaller areas with the detail brushes, it's a pain having to apply again constantly.
I use Polar Blast snow foam, I've tried a few others and they are not as thick so if you've any suggestions there also it be mighty ????

There's a lot of variables in it Eoin. I have the same lance for years now. Think it's Autobrite Detailing. It's back from the cleancar.ie days.

I've had it connected to various Nilfisk/Aldi/Lidl washers and always found with different washer/hose/tap I had to change the mixture and/or air flow to get the same foam consistency.

Obviously first port of call is always adjust the air flow, because nobody wants to be using extra product. A powerful washer is useless if the tap and hose can't deliver the flow/pressure needed, but if you're OK on that front, I'd stick to your current lance and change the adaptor.

Well since this is your business, I highly recommend buying something that will last and take abuse. Kranzle do an amazing range, from cheap to extremely high spec. You have to decide if you want to pay 300 and another 300 for another machine in a couple years again or just a one time big payment for a machine built like a tank.

Kranzle 1152TST is pretty good and has some great add-ons like lances, canons and guns. I suggest watching a few YouTube reviews to start off with before deciding on anything.

Last edited:
Can definitely recommend Kranzle also.

I used service and repair these in my first job and always had good results with them.

Brass pump head with Stainless steel valves and the fact some models feature motors which are wound 1400rpm as opposed to a regular 2800rpm dramatically reduced wear.

A point well worth noting when comparing to other manufacturers.

Have one over 10 years and all it needed was a few O rings for the lance and an odd oil change, Galvin?s in Kerry are main agents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a lot of variables in it Eoin. I have the same lance for years now. Think it's Autobrite Detailing. It's back from the cleancar.ie days.

I've had it connected to various Nilfisk/Aldi/Lidl washers and always found with different washer/hose/tap I had to change the mixture and/or air flow to get the same foam consistency.

Obviously first port of call is always adjust the air flow, because nobody wants to be using extra product. A powerful washer is useless if the tap and hose can't deliver the flow/pressure needed, but if you're OK on that front, I'd stick to your current lance and change the adaptor.

That's a great point, you see, the Karcher one I find to be good, not fantastic, just good. The AR one came with its own foam bottle, and it's not as good as the Karcher one, the spray pattern is brilliant but like you said, it might just be mixture when changing pressure washer.
Same mixture used on both you see.
I immediately presumed it was the foamer itself

But... On another note, yourself and Hassen have the Autobrite one. I'd presume that different bottles also have different capabilities, ie a cheaper bottle won't foam as well etc etc

I might play with mixtures a bit and see what happens, I did notice on the AR Canon, when the foam bottle's adjustment knob thing is turned up to the top, there is too much air, or water or something. Best foam out of that one I find is when it's turned to about 75%
Karcher one, always best when turned right up.

Eanna and Alan, with regards to the washer itself, I don't really need anything massively strong. This has plenty flow rate for the jobs I need it for, I don't do a whole pile either like, one job every week or two weeks, and need something handy to be able to lug around and fit in the car too lol
Decent enough spec on this, I looked into various models, Kranzle, Nilfisk, Karcher and a few petrol models like Honda and stuff.
Got this by chance when I was half way through a valet and the Aldi one gave in ????????

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200930-221657.jpg
    Screenshot_20200930-221657.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20200930-221712.jpg
    Screenshot_20200930-221712.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 22
Back