performance cats for a legacy

A

Amhain

My B4 is 10 years old come next year and thus will need an annual NCT test :angry1:

Because I got a tasty STR exhaust system on it, courtesy of Dave and John at STi Tuning, this means I'll lose a whole day and a few sponds every year reversing the de-cat.

I wonder if there's performance catted downpipes or something that'll keep it under the emissions levels for the NCT and stilll let all my power through?

thanks
Bill

Do you have the turbo down pipe too? Leggys have 2 cats. There is a cat one one of the turbos too,I have a hks hi power back box and stright centre section.

As long as you have the cat on the turbo, on the left side i think if you were looking into your engine bay it will pass no bother.

Mine has been NCT'd twice with this exchaust and never had any problems :thumbsup:

If its a full decat, then just put the standard centre section back in and put some diptane in the tank. Drive at high revs, off boost to the test centre so the cat gets hot and you should be fine. Putting the centre section back in will be a lot easier and a lot less time consuming than messing with the downpipe, especially cause after a year's use it will probably have bolts seized a be a nightmare to get off.

There's plenty of sports cats on the market, try hayward and scott, I'm sure they'll make you up a downpipe with a sports cat in it. Costs a fair bit though, sports cats are expensive :thumbsup:

As Sweetcakes said just put the centre cat back on and you'll be fine,on a nice day you could have it done yourself in 45mins. Put my legacy through with no cats and a load of diptane and it just falied CO2 so only put the centre one back on and the emissons were grand :thumbsup:

Back