Prosport gauges

I had a prosport Boost gauge before and it was okay, although i have heard a lot of iffy stories about them, especially the oil pressure ones.
Heres is a link to a 60mm gauge that i think is a very tidy job, especially if you dont want 3 and 4 seperate gauges..Boost, oil temp, oil pressure, volts.
f158fbe376a4b376a5c8217eee370c63.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DEPO-RACING-60mm-White-Gauge-4-v-1-Oil-Pressure-Oil-and-Water-temp-Volt-/110965894410?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19d6152d0a

Have been considering prosport and other brands for quite some time now, was just about to buy one day and decided I'm just going to hold out and buy Defi gauges new instead. There are numerous amount of people who are 100% happy with their prosports and they read right but I've just read a few too many dodgy stories about them. It'll take a while to get the money together to get them but because I intend tracking the car as much as I can, I want to have something 100% reliable so that should anything change in the readings or anything out of the norm, I'll know immediately.

Mr Cakes

have you considered Stack Pro Control.

turning out to be a good gauge, with some great features

i know Bob Rawle highly rates Stack items

have a read here

http://www.stackltd.com/instruments_pro_control.html

some people want a really quality gauge, but dont want to conform to the Defi craze, plus these are 52mm so are easier and less bulky to fit, 52mm Defis are hard to find

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=36011.msg412812#msg412812 date=1351433663]
Can't put my finger on exactly why but the look of them really doesn't appeal to me at all :ponder:
[/quote]

I can, they look shite. Good gauge but were more in mind for competition use where no one cares what the gauge looks like, just as long as its clear to read and accurate

No we can have function and not look like something on a vintage tractor

Stack are a very good gauge, just not the nicest on the eye unfortunently

[quote author=KENC link=topic=36011.msg413212#msg413212 date=1351799226]
Did the 3 in 1 I posted not tickle your fancy Dan?
[/quote]

Do you have one of them. They don't look the greatest to be honest!

Na i have Defis, know a few lads are using them in the Hatcbacks as apparently they are tight for places to mount gauges tidy, Id prefer one over the Innovate looks wise, something about the Innovate makes me expect McGuiver to run out from the shadows as the Timer counts down :):)

What I've seen more and more people replace defis with toucan display nowadays. (those using syvecs or Alcatek of course)

The cheapest defis I could find was 690 pound for three gauges off scoobyparts.com, I presume this is all the right fittings with it too but that expensive! Anywhere else do them cos I'm brutal.

You'd also need the controller. Check the Tein.co.uk website for a price guide, thats where Nick in couture pointed me for a price guide and he will get them in at the same price euro equivalent :thumbsup:

Going to start my collection at Christmas :icon_grin:

Back