Redundancy

keith555

Octane Boostaholics
Lads have a question needing answered if any one can help

My contract in work is getting dropped in hours and I have a choice to take another job to stay at my contract hours but its sh1t to be honest.

My ideal thing to do is take redundancy and find a new job at this moment but one small thing.

My question is does anyone know the percentage your contract hours has to be dropped to avail of redundancy.

The said I cant as its not dropping by at least 25% but want to make sure.

Cheers :thumbsup:
Keith

Hello keith,

If your contracted hours are being altered is this not a renegotiation of your contract terms :ponder2:

If so I think should be agreed between by both the employer and employee :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

Cheers lads. :thumbsup:
Been checking out websites all day but nothing to say about a percentage of contract to be cut.
Will ring a few places tomorrow instead of :mooner: over for them. :icon_grin:

[quote author=Michael Spec C link=topic=29590.msg343160#msg343160 date=1300216766]
Hello keith,

If your contracted hours are being altered is this not a renegotiation of your contract terms :ponder2:

If so I think should be agreed between by both the employer and employee :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael
[/quote]

I have read that on sites today Mick which came down to me understanding that if I dont agree to the changes
they will make me redundant.

The contract for my last job stated anything above 24% for a period of more than 6 months and i was entitled to redundancy. If you have your contract handy, have a read of it. There should be something in there about it.

Hello Keith,

I was posting from my phone yesterday evening, sorry for the short reply :doh:

As above, if they are trying to renegotiate your contract any changes have to be agreed by both parties :thumbsup:

This change of your contract is done under "consultation". The should give you a letter to state that they are going to enter into a consultation period with you and in some cases they can state what may be the final outcome if both parties cannot come to an agreeable conclusion e.g. Redundancy.

If you feel that you may find it easy to get another job (which is tough in this climate) and that you really do not want to accept alternative working hours, conditions or a role, ask them to make you a redundancy offer if this is the route you want to go yourself.

You can start redundancy negotiations from there :thumbsup:

Statuary redundany is approx two weeks per year(with a cap on earnings). Employers able to claim back a large portion of what they pay out in redundancy (in some cases up to 60%), so bear this in mind when you are calculating what they are actually are paying out.

For more information check out citizens information & the siptu websites on line :thumbsup:

I hope this helps :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

Think the max is 600 per week for the cap

Think youd be better staying put Keith nothing much out there.Unless you go to Oz or somewhere. :dontknow:

:smokin:

Back