Refurbishment thread

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
Thought this would be a good idea lads.
I know some of ye have some good underbody refurbishments done, others have taken off the likes of intercoolers and sanded down, sprayed em etc, others have taken off calipers and sanded em down, replaced seals and sprayed etc...steering wheel retrims...
For example @Ciaran WRX used a headlamp restorer to remove light scratches on a double din radio lately. Anything like them that might help lads
Be a good place for others to learn...primarily because I want some info myself 🀣 and rather than asking specifically for my own interest, if some of ye have done some work like that, be great to pop in the products used, man hours needed, where bits got done etc etc
These cars are approaching an age now where some need work and be good to have a one stop thread for any info and advice
There is a specific section for this, but it's more in depth, repair panels, rust converters etc.. so said I'd post a generic one here
Fire away πŸ€œπŸ€›

Great idea Eoin.
Recently refurbished the front u-frame(Cut out bubble in the seam and re-welded in new metal) and coated in tintable upol raptor. Might not be everyones cup of tea but i like it. I will post pictures shortly. Much easier than cost or sourcing new/alternative sub-frame!

Do, be great to see man πŸ‘Œ how long did that take you? I'm planning on ripping a few bits and bobs off mine later in the year, paint or powder coating etc

I'd imagine so. Seen the underneath of some cars and some are absolutely phenomenal tbh. Dreams lol

Its unbelievable that. I'd love to do it myself, if I got half the amount of work done it'd still be a huge improvement, @enda would like this thread lol

Thanks ! @Baz said, it's extremely time consuming, and very love hate , mostly hate with you in the middle and contemplating life and why you started it...but all worth it in the final stages when it's all going back together.

And how's things are done is personal preference, so many different methods. I powercoated some parts , painted some parts, and re the chassis It didn't need the coating re applied so I just painted and cleared it.

I'll be doing an evo 7 , which will be going back to bare metal, 2k epoxy, 3m undercoat, paint and clear. Some go buzz weld, some go raptor, as said , plenty of different options around..

Ready to take it all on again lol to be fair man, that car is a testament to you, and I'll be using snaps of that as my blueprint haha
I'd say if I get half way to where you went, I'll be going good lol

Ready to take it all on again lol to be fair man, that car is a testament to you, and I'll be using snaps of that as my blueprint haha
I'd say if I get half way to where you went, I'll be going good lol
Thanks man, Depends how far your going , ideally have a 2nd car as whatever time you allow to do the work, tripple it, mine took over a year but I wasnt in hurry, and was waiting on parts from Japan as I went along due to budget constraints early on. Ideally have all the parts before you start if budget allows. Stuff I hadnt considered changing before I started, I ended up changing "as I was in their anyway ?!?" like the clutch, drive shafts rebuilds , bearings, every gasket/seal/clips/hose possible, etc etc slippery slope lol

Yeah yeah I get you man. Well, to be fair, it would have been awful to have done all that work and then have one or two parts not touched underneath. So I get where your coming from, I'd love to do it, don't think I'll ever have the expertise to go to that level, but I would like to take few bits off and get painted, new bushes etc and have it generally cleaner under it anyway. We'll see. Plan is take it off the road in winter and go from there

Probley just in for uprated discs and pads and a cone filter πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‚
Clean car got everything it needed ,
No expense spared and no low offers I know what I have ,
only going up in value .
Appreciating every year , solid investment πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ
Isn’t that how the donedeal and Facebook adds read πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Last edited:
Probley just in for uprated discs and pads and a cone filter πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‚
Clean car got everything it needed ,
No expense spared and no low offers I know what I have ,
only going up in value .
Appreciating every year , solid investment πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ
Isn’t that how the donedeal and Facebook adds read πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
"rust is minimal" :ROFLMAO:

Back