Rooney to leave Old Trafford

AndyC

ISDC Club Member
Fergie confirms it today at a press conference. Apparently he has known it since August 14th . Could be the reason for United's rubbish start to the season (word spread in the dressing room)

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/19102010/58/premier-league-ferguson-rooney-wants-leave.html
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_6453903,00.html

Well, the guy brought all this on himself. I hope United get decent money for him.
I will be disgusted if this guy gets a big money move somewhere and earns the far end of six figures a week .What kind of message does that send to young kids? Sleep with some prostitutes while your wife is pregnant and you'll be richly rewarded.

Anyway, as a United fan I say good riddance to a guy that sleeps with grannies and prostitutes. United will go on just as they did after Stam, RVN, Beckham, Keane and Ronaldo.

I wouldn't be so sure, I was just saying today to the lads in here that I think that deal was done a long time ago. UTD are a club in decline if when goes how are they going to attract other players of that calibre, Scholes an Giggs are finished... I wouldn't be surprised if Ferguson was leaving too..Has he got the energy to build another team? Dark days ahead for utd

Have a look at that stats for utd without him..they are frightening..he scored 34 goals last year an yet good riddance? who cares what he does in his own time?

Don't spare him anyway Andy!!!! :lol:

Footballers are fickle but some fans just take the biscuit! If he was banging in the goals since the start of the season and ye were top of the league I'm sure a couple of prossies would be easily forgiven by any United fan :naughty:

His timing is fantastic though.....anything to deflect attention from Liverpool is welcome!!

Its a total cop out has nothing to do with his behaviour he stated he wanted to leave in the summer...so my guess is he knew at the end of last season these allegations where going to surface.. ...smoothed things out with his missus..promised her a new start blah blah blah. The full transcript of Fergies interview is on manutd.com he said he wasn't prepared to listen to any offer.
To say UTD won't miss him is some sanctimonious bullsh!t.....so what if he was shagging prossies? how does that affect anyone as a fan?

There is nobody of Rooney's calibre available to replace him so why not just put Hernandez up there with Berbatov?

The thing about Benzema is it will take him a while to find his feet...he hasn't been playing regular football for club or country... he's certainly no where near the standard of Rooney...and can he lead the line on his own? I think the desire for Benzema was to match him with Rooney. I can't see anyone to replace him...maybe torres but that's just a pipe dream..Id take Torres but..has to be Torres...I hope its Torres..that would really wind the scousers up

Torres is too injury prone and would probably take about 50m to bring him away from Anfield. Plus the new owners there will be instantly hated by the fans (if they arent already) if they sold Torres to United.

I said pipe dream..I'm trying to wind the Liverpool fans up...thing is UTD will have 50 million

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=27192.msg318576#msg318576 date=1287498649]
..I'm trying to wind the Liverpool fans up...
[/quote]

oh :lol:

Be sorry to see him go, loved watching him play.. It'll be a huge loss but you have to expect it given that there seems to be little or no sign of serious investment in the team.. He was 'once a blue, always a blue', then signed for utd so I expected he'd have the same loyalty to utd (i.e. none) considering we're a club 'in decline' at this current moment in time.

I hope they get some serious money for him if madrid are in for him... I think we already know that whatever we get for rooney, only a small percentage of it will be available to purchase new players... I can't see a bright future ahead for the club as long as the glazers keep us in massive debt.. What happens now next year when we have no1 of serious value to pawn off to service debts?? Can only hope they are forced to sell up asap..

I said pipe dream..I'm trying to wind the Liverpool fans up...thing is UTD will have 50 million
[/quote]

If the nightmare situation happens and Liverpool have to sell Torres then it would only be good news if United were in the market for him. It would create a bit of competition to bring his price back up to where it should be (pre end of last season and World Cup). Liverpool could then sell him to City and start spending the 60M plus 15-20 from Gerrard on a new team. Start with Reina, Meireles, Johnson (right wing) and buy 8-10 players with 80M plus whatever a fire sale of the rest of the donkeys would bring in!

There’s a pipe dream for you…………

heard on radio today that man city are willing to buy 70 million i think they said :ponder2:
paying him 230k a week.

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=27192.msg318585#msg318585 date=1287501528]
Johnson? rubbish totally over rated...can't defend for sh!t
[/quote]

Agree completely but over-paid for him at £20M or whatever it was so no point selling him at a £10M - £15M loss now that the whole world knows he's sh*t. Keep him and stick him on the wing to keep him away from our goals!!

It's only pie in the sky stuff Dave :icon_blahblah:

[/quote]

glaziers buy the club - minus 800 million
loss last year -minus 83 million
selling rooney - plus 50 million

the look on the red nosed gits face when the glaziers tell him they spent the 50 million....priceless

[quote author=narked link=topic=27192.msg318608#msg318608 date=1287517892]
[/quote]

glaziers buy the club - minus 800 million
loss last year -minus 83 million
selling rooney - plus 50 million

the look on the red nosed gits face when the glaziers tell him they spent the 50 million....priceless
[/quote]

The club its self is still profitable.

Would hate to see him playing for another Premier League club, so hopefully when he does go it is to Spain. Perhaps an exchange for someone like Higuian or similar might be on the cards. Maybe even Suarez if SAF thinks he could be good in the PL.

Back