Series 1 Legacy RS

toyscrota

4 doors are better than 2 doors
ISDC Club Member
Having a serious "head stagger" as to whether I go down the Legacy road or just stick to the Imprezas.
Said I'd stick them up here before anywhere else.

1989 Legacy RS. Original JDM imported into New Zealand in 1997 and then to Ireland by myself in 2021.
I found it very hard to get a white Series 1 and still haven't seen many up for sale since.
Very original solid car with 151kms. Has a small hole in back left pocket and some corrosion on the back right parcel shelf.
It has had some small repair to rear parcel shelf previously to a reasonable standard.
The car needs a full re paint, some wiring tidied up in the cabin and the usual door card splitting at the handles.
Engine runs very sweet. Usual linkage wear but have new bushes there for that.
I picked it up from Dublin Port in March 2021, drove it about 1km and its been parked in a dry garage since.
Its on Irish plates 89-TN and declared off the road since the first tax ran out.
To get your own proper opinion of the condition you would have to come and see it.
I'm not going to flood this thread with pics. I can do walk around video and further pictures for serious enquiries only please.
Also have two 1.8s both Irish cars.
91 which runs and drives but has a lot of rust. Lots of valuable trim on it though. Complete car.
90 which doesn't run and drive as its missing two hubs. Very solid shell though and complete with all trim and decent panels.

"If it does sell I'll keep it"
"Time for somebody else to enjoy it"

Looking offers in the region of £22.5k for the RS and the other two by negotiation.
I understand not everybody's cup of tea these cars and probably better market in the UK but "Legacys like this are rare here do you want one or not"

EA4ED8A5-10FF-4297-9FD5-E4CAB57D1D07.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-01 at 09.44.54.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-01 at 09.44.55.jpg

Last edited:
How much for the blue legacy. Think it's the same one I had a year or two ago. Wouldn't mind giving it another go. I know there is a lot of rust on it alright.

How much for the blue legacy. Think it's the same one I had a year or two ago. Wouldn't mind giving it another go. I know there is a lot of rust on it alright.
You want to be very brave to tackle that. Not to be sold separately at the moment thanks.

Going to pull this out of storage and put out a proper add next week.
Car on its own £16k/€18k
Need it gone now as have another car bought.

Back