sky digital

gretts

Petrolheads
i'm with sky now over two years and i rang them up to try and get a sky+ digital box for free seen as there giving them away for free to new customers,

thought it was worth a shot but to no avail, wouldn't you think they would try keep existing customers happy,

so the only way for me to get one is to upgrade to sky+ hd and pay an extra €15.00 a month on top of what i'm

paying them allready fu*k that, who needs hd, so looks like they will probably lose my custom because my only option is to go to UPC to get there free

digital box for new customers

close the account an open a new account in your wifes name!!!!
thats what i did...no problem...sales man told me to do that!!
:thumbsup:

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=27266.msg319281#msg319281 date=1287841701]
[/quote]

As the man says................sales man told me to do the same thing :thumbsup:

Why not ring up and say your going to change to different provider and say the only way you'll stay with sky is if you get a sky+ box and 2 months free or at least movies and sports till the christmas.
If that fails, do as the other lads said and put account in the missus's name!

if presently you have a normal old type box, the dish will have a single lnb, the sky plus needs a dual or qud lnb depending on how many tvs you have,straight away you need to upgrade that.
this also means you need a two cables from the dish to each box that has the sky plus so this may be the reason they wont give it to you free.

Just off the phone to there customer services and i pointed out what it say's on there web site about free sky+ box to new and existing customers

and was told the only way they will give me a free sky+ box is if i take out multi room viewing @ €10.00 extra per month and a twelve month subscription

or sky+ HD at an extra €15.00 per month......what a load of manure.

i have sky+ HD and its 28euro per month.

only has to pay 30euro for the lad to come and install it.. no other fees..

They'll give it to you if you complain enough, ask to speak to managers etc.. Then tell them UPC are offering a better deal so you want to be put on to the cancellation department.. If you have to, then follow through and open an account in your missus name instead..

I got an extra €100 off my insurance last week cause i complained (politely) so much :icon_grin:

Sky are nightmare to deal with. Esp if u get an independant to do your installing for you
My fella does sky so if u need extra quad or what ever let me know

Ive a HD box for sale in teh Bric a Brac section, if thats any good to ya. Looking for 100 euro for it , but will give it to an ISDC member for 80 Euros.

[quote author=Aimzey link=topic=27266.msg320081#msg320081 date=1288311573]
Sky are nightmare to deal with. Esp if u get an independant to do your installing for you
My fella does sky so if u need extra quad or what ever let me know

Ive a HD box for sale in teh Bric a Brac section, if thats any good to ya. Looking for 100 euro for it , but will give it to an ISDC member for 80 Euros.
[/quote]

thanks aimsey but i've been looked after by a member :thumbsup:

As long as you pay a subscription of some kind to sky.....SKY + service is free. I got a box second hand from a mate, ran the extra wire down and put a quad LNB on the dish ( cost €15 ebay) and then rang sky and got them to activate the sky +............i tried all the begging and threatening to leave too but no joy.....New customers seem to get all the best deals. :smile:

[quote author=Dave link=topic=27266.msg319283#msg319283 date=1287841983]
[quote author=markobucko link=topic=27266.msg319281#msg319281 date=1287841701]
[/quote]

As the man says................sales man told me to do the same thing :thumbsup:

same here :thumbsup:

They got 90,000 new customers in the first quarter this year...

SKY dont give a fook if you threaten to leave em...Theyre making fookin millions overcharging everyone.

I pay 100 a month for full package HD and espn... robbin bastards

[quote author=narked link=topic=27266.msg320146#msg320146 date=1288357661]
They got 90,000 new customers in the first quarter this year...

SKY dont give a fook if you threaten to leave em...Theyre making fookin millions overcharging everyone.

I pay 100 a month for full package HD and espn... robbin bastards
[/quote]

Yes they do... I got an immediate 20% discount 6 months ago after I threatened to leave them! :icon_biggrin:

New customers = contract = guaranteed money.

Old customers after a year can leave anytime they want, must upgrade and cancel myself when i get a chance.
Girl next door said she was cancelling, they offered the HD upgrade package...so they do it, just to get the right person on the phone.

Cancelling on monday and getting a hd or + box, most the channels we watch are on the free to air.
Only channel4 which you can get online anyway.
2 months charge from the cnuts will cover it.

Had enough trouble from them before,
reception (6times in 2 months), no joke. and once every year.
bad wiring,
using old chorus cables,
water coming down the wire, saying it blew the box when it didnt,
taking my good box and giving me a shitty box, after i paying for the new box

yesterday
There dish rusted to fook and split in half, wanted a 100 euro call out plus the price of the dish and it would be next week when they would call.
Fook you SKY :hjtwofinger: got it all done for 80, new dish and fitted.

I also just replied to there customer care e-mail, nice.
Rant over.

My sky went last night too, fecking bumbandits!! Will be calling later to sort it out.. Either they fix it for free or I'll be doing the same, cancelling and starting afresh.. :angry1: :angry1:

Back