sky digital

Ditto on the phone call, same thing happened, some scottish b!tch wanted to charge us €100 for a call out :angry1: so when i got home from work, I got up the ladder, took a look and fixed it myself.. Working perfect now :smile:

had the same thing last christmas
my dish blew out of line in the wind
the fooks wanted 100 and something to send some lad out to fix it
we told them where to shove it
had no ladder so dragged over the old fridge freezer waiting to be taken away and stood on that with a chair on it to realign it myself
will never forget the feeling when we knew we were gonna have t.v. for christmas :multijump:
in fairness to sky the product is very reliable
but when something happens they want you to pay the callout charge for the fooker they have outsourced there repair service to
i still belive if you pay for the monthly service it should be up to sky to make sure you recive this service :snooty:
and you should not have to pay anything else on top to receive it
your just a number its up to you as a customer how to avoid been shafted bye them
rant over :thumbsup:

If a sky system is installed correctly on day one you won’t generally have any problems. However if you happen to call sky (in cork as they say) you 9 times out of 10 will get a fella who is only interested in how quick he can get out of your house and on to the next one. As was alluded to above it would appear that sky have no interest in anything only getting your sky card enabled on day one after that your in trouble if you've got a problem.

My advice is contact your local sky retailer who you know has been around a good few years and will be around to service a product which they sell or supply, ok it may not be as glamorous as ordering on line or phoning a sales hotline but I guarantee you a far superior service

One thing i will say it do not buy from a person in a shop, these are all independant installers, and altho you are paying sky for a service they will book you in for a service call if somethign goes wrong
it is up to urself to contact the person you bought it of and get them to call out to you.
Sky will charge 100 euros for service call if you buy from an independant.

Ours went out of line. We told them we werent paying and that if someone has a problem with chorus they come out and fix it for free and we'd go to chorus instead. They said they'd send out someone for free then :thumbsup:

thanks to the gentleman who sorted me with sky+ on saturday morning :thumbsup:

no hassle from the neighours yet regarding dish location,

thanks anto :thumbsup:

Back