Speed Camera's

jim dublin

Petrolheads
Lads Hadn't been on M50 for a good while until last sunday for meet,Anyway just noticed today camera at Tallaght on ramp northbound and the small one after toll bridge southbound anyone know if these work cause didnt see them last week and wasn't doing anything crazy but wasn't doing the 60kpmh.Cheers Jim :thumbsup:

The one after the toll definatly works, friend of mine told me he seen this flashing at someone so yeah! :angry:

Tallaght one is working alright as i seen it going off when i was heading to the airport last sunday morning, some poor fooker was just going that bit to fast.

I reckon the one at the toll bridge won't work anymore as the speedlines are half covered with new tarmac now.....

Alan.

yep, they need the lines to work, without them, there nothing!

The one at tallaght defo works, seen it flashing on my way back from work a couple of times :angry:

Whats the story with the High vis reflector tape on the back of those 2 camera's? Is it law now that they have to be visible like in england? I havent seen it on any other cameras.

Or is it just that some sound lad went out and stuck it up with some cellotape?

Thanks for replies Lads :thumbsup: Is there anyplace you can ring up to see if you have been issued points or is it a case of wait for the post and see :dunno: . Jim :thumbsup:

i dare say wait for the post cause if you go ringing they might think, 'oh yeah, forgot to give him the points!'!!

[quote author=nicknack link=topic=4827.msg52656#msg52656 date=1199737656]
i dare say wait for the post cause if you go ringing they might think, 'oh yeah, forgot to give him the points!'!!
[/quote]

:doh: :lol: :thumbsup:

I bet it doesnt work cos i know loads of people flashed by it and never received a ticket...same with the one south bound just around Drogehda/Duleek on the M1 i got flashed by that at banable speed and never got a ticket

the general rule seems to be that a anyone time in ireland there are only 4 speed cameras working and i think there are only 2 with film in them i have been caught about 6 times by speed cameras on the m50 and never recieved any fines or points (not that they can give me points at the moment due to having a uk licence)

[quote author=Darkshadow link=topic=4827.msg52856#msg52856 date=1199801423]
the general rule seems to be that a anyone time in ireland there are only 4 speed cameras working and i think there are only 2 with film in them [/quote]
I think the ones in the UK are all digital with plate recognition software, I think film's a thing of the past..

![quote author=BlackLegacy link=topic=4827.msg52563#msg52563 date=1199707702]
Whats the story with the High vis reflector tape on the back of those 2 camera's? Is it law now that they have to be visible like in england? I havent seen it on any other cameras.

Or is it just that some sound lad went out and stuck it up with some cellotape?
[/quote]

if the rule about the cameras been visable are true surely that should apply to the mobile cameras (transit vans with cameras in side ) and the sneaks hidin in ditches and slip roads ? seems like the rules are made up as they go along ]

Back