Steering pulling to the left

The readings from the sheet i have are below. What do you think of them readings ken? There is no degree icon on my laptop so the dot means degree.

Front passengers side caster 3.24 camber -0.48

Rear left side camber -1.18

Drivers side front caster 3.24 camber -0.24

Rear right side -1.00

Toe front left side 0.3 right side -0.3

Toe rear left 0.3 right side 0.0

Thrust angle 0.02

Hey Mark, jesus your really haveing an on the spot quiz now.
Im not sure Mark, its a long time since i seen anything to do with tracking and as i said the mickey mouse firm i worked with wouldnt go any further than tracking.

Does figures are not any real use as i dont have the manufactures spec, or tolerences.. so all i can compare is left and right figures
As you will see there is some small differences in the figures of the 2 sides, but these could well be within tolerence, again mate i dont know, its been a long time.
Best to have a good check over of ball joints etc etc, and if all well, go somewhere that has experience at a Subaru, and especially with all aspects of geometry set up

I've had all my cars set up to factory spec by kwik fit in finglas and they adjusted them in all aways possable. Only one they had problems doing was the STi typeRA as it wasn't on the system being a jap but the used standard STi setting of the same year and there where no issues.

I'd use them again. :thumbsup:

For road use it's fine if I was tracking the car and wanted the most out of it for a certain track then I'd go else where.

mark do you have an anti lift kit on your car?

your - camber should be the same on both sides -1.0degrees on the back, so one of them is right but they should have made the other side the same.

front camber can be around -1.5 dregees to try cure the understeer that scoobies have, yours are too little and should be the same.

your thrust angle is how straight your rear wheels are with your front wheels. .02 is nothing so thats not your problem.

toe on the other hand does different things, some toe makes your car better in corners and some makes it more stable at high speeds in a straight line but im not sure which, i would have to look it up.

I would like to see a club trader get the business, So my vote is with Ali,
From your figures, your car was not setup by a lad who knows anything (or cares) about how to make a scooby handle well
You have Coilovers, Arb's and big wide tyres and a Standard type r with a good geometry setup would out corner your car at the moment mainly because of your cambers if nothing else!
So a good setup makes a huge difference!
I think I paid Jomo €200 for a full setup, and I have to say, defo worth it,
But bare in mind, that with all the rubber bushes and joints and stuff, it's all only kinda guessing! so experiance is very important!

Just for the craic, What happens if you cross the line onto the wrong side of the road?? Still pulling left?
All roads are built with a slight camber towards the outside of the road, that could be it!
Dan

your front left wheel is pointing outwards by .o3 degrees and yours drivers side is dead straight,this might be your problem mark.

your rear wheels are pointing inwards by .o3 dregrees which is standard enough for a road car which helps keep the car stable at high speeds

A guy thats tasty at his work will try to have each side the same or as close as possible, as far as i can remember the machine where i worked, was 0.0 as been perfect on tracking, so thats what you aimed for on both sides, some guys would stay at it untill the had 0.0 on both sides, others would walk away at 0.0 0.5 when getting a bit of hardship.. some guys just dont care

[quote author=KENC link=topic=24750.msg300284#msg300284 date=1280783624]
Hey Mark, jesus your really haveing an on the spot quiz now.
Im not sure Mark, its a long time since i seen anything to do with tracking and as i said the mickey mouse firm i worked with wouldnt go any further than tracking.

Does figures are not any real use as i dont have the manufactures spec, or tolerences.. so all i can compare is left and right figures
As you will see there is some small differences in the figures of the 2 sides, but these could well be within tolerence, again mate i dont know, its been a long time.
Best to have a good check over of ball joints etc etc, and if all well, go somewhere that has experience at a Subaru, and especially with all aspects of geometry set up
[/quote]

:thumbsup:

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=24750.msg300322#msg300322 date=1280787574]
I would like to see a club trader get the business, So my vote is with Ali,
From your figures, your car was not setup by a lad who knows anything (or cares) about how to make a scooby handle well
You have Coilovers, Arb's and big wide tyres and a Standard type r with a good geometry setup would out corner your car at the moment mainly because of your cambers if nothing else!
So a good setup makes a huge difference!
I think I paid Jomo €200 for a full setup, and I have to say, defo worth it,
But bare in mind, that with all the rubber bushes and joints and stuff, it's all only kinda guessing! so experiance is very important!

Just for the craic, What happens if you cross the line onto the wrong side of the road?? Still pulling left?
All roads are built with a slight camber towards the outside of the road, that could be it!
Dan
[/quote]

It still pulls left

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=24750.msg300303#msg300303 date=1280785726]
mark do you have an anti lift kit on your car?

your - camber should be the same on both sides -1.0degrees on the back, so one of them is right but they should have made the other side the same.

front camber can be around -1.5 dregees to try cure the understeer that scoobies have, yours are too little and should be the same.

your thrust angle is how straight your rear wheels are with your front wheels. .02 is nothing so thats not your problem.

toe on the other hand does different things, some toe makes your car better in corners and some makes it more stable at high speeds in a straight line but im not sure which, i would have to look it up.
[/quote]

I dont have a anti lift kit

Back