STI suspension with WRX springs?

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
Howdy lads,
So few days back I fitted STI shocks and springs to the front of the car. Didn't get around to the back yet. But, the STI suspension being slightly lower has kinda leveled the car, you know the way the front sits higher than the rear?
I don't really want to lower it more cause it would annoy me really with the local roads, but the STI springs have it low enough. Now, I want the same shocks all around, so if I put on the STI shocks at the back with the WRX springs...
Will that keep the same height as it is currently and will there be any negative side effects with regards to handling from doing that, 4 STI shocks, with STI springs on the front and WRX springs at the rear?

TIA
Eoin

I know what you?re saying Eoin but the sti shocks would be valved for a harder spring than the wrx and could cause the shock to bottom out quite regularly and eventually burst it , if I was you If you have sti shocks , put in matching sti springs [emoji1303]

Perfect, completely get what your saying man.
Will do, have the set at home.
Thanks for that man ????????

Sti spring be 100% eoin I'm on eibach and Kyb ultra sr (lower zero issues on mountain roads)

In for a penny in for a pound matching spring and shocks front and back will make a serious difference to how car drives [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I already notice a huge difference in the front with that set up, gonna be good to get the rears on, then rear strut brace and she'll be good to go. Good tyres then over the summer.. She'll keep with you yet Ciaran ????????

Back