STI V2 COMPLETE ENGINE

retrolongie

Middle Lane Hogs
STI V2 555 RA Complete engine , was going to use it in my Legacy track car but selling that now so its up for sale. It comes complete with turbo and all ancillaries . 850

[quote author=Random Rs link=topic=39892.msg1#msg1 date=1386546431]
would this go in to my 96 wagon or would i need to change ecu and so on?
[/quote]

Yours is a v3 so you would need to change the loom ecu yes

If he's buying an Sti engine I'm sure he wants Sti power? Not sure though...

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=39892.msg1#msg1 date=1386626525]
How does STi engine produce its/more power?
[/quote]

Turbo and ecu injectors ?
I'm only going by what random rs said to me on the phone "bigger and better " were the words used .

I dont know user "randon rs" so forgive me.

The V2 STi is NOT better then V3 STi engine.

A short engine cannot create power by itself. Only internal components and strength reliability which all at the era and age where never designed past factory output at 260-280. Normally in modified terms call it a day early to mid 300's. Both run same compression ratio.

Power is made through head design. Cam profile and breathing abilities.

So weather WRX or STi the short engine is irrelivent. As neither can produce anymore horse power on its own.

Of course cam profile and valve opening duration can. But not by too much until you go up in hp. As in 15bhp at 300bhp for example. And similer torque increase. The V3/V4 STi head produce a lot better results hands down.

A vf23/24 V3/4 WRX/STi turbo will produce similar to TD05 16g. If not a more little more cleaner.

Who would have known I'd be sparking up such a debate. Engine is perfect and pulls really well 280 is plenty for an everyday car, Might even hang on to it and throw it into the Legacy.

Back