Top gear break up??

Fair play to them. After all, why should clarkson take all the credit :dunno:

if Clarkson stayed and other 2 were replaced top gear would still be as popular.

if Clarkson left and Hammond was main presenter and had 2 co then show be half as popular.

if Clarkson left and May was main presenter plus 2 co then show be off the air and finished within a season,

Think that there should be wage reflection on importance of their position. Hammond no bother getting work but would May???

so IMO BBC spot on...........

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=8147.msg97487#msg97487 date=1215214211]
if Clarkson stayed and other 2 were replaced top gear would still be as popular.

if Clarkson left and Hammond was main presenter and had 2 co then show be half as popular.

if Clarkson left and May was main presenter plus 2 co then show be off the air and finished within a season,

Think that there should be wage reflection on importance of their position. Hammond no bother getting work but would May???

so IMO BBC spot on...........
[/quote]

have to agree!!!

jonnie

Spot on Dave,
They all add to the show, some just more than others! Which seems to be reflected correctly in their pay!
1: Clarkson
2: Hammond
3: May
4:Stig!!

i think the stig should get rewarded for his fooking mental driving, that fellas mental, although mr. clarkson is very funny and i reckon 95% of the people that watch top gear believe every word he has to say in relation to cars!!!! he influences people to buy the cars they do!!!

jonnie

At the end of the day its entertainment..the other 2 are entertaining when clarksons bullying them..hes also a producer of the show and had a lot of input into the format of the show when it first returned

I think Clarkson is more synonymous with Top Gear than Hammond or May. The 3 of them work great together (different personalities) but Clarkson does deserve most of the credit for making the show what it is.

I think Clarkson & Hammond are a great double act, they bounce off each other so well, and after reading Hammonds book it appears they are great friends too so chemistry would deffo be missing if Hammond was allowed to leave.

Although May is funny at times, usually through stupidity more than anything, they could afford to loose him & move onwards, I vote that they give the 3rd presenter spot back to Vicky.

i think the show wouldnt be as good without may. he's hilarious! cant understand why people dont like him. hammonds great but one thing i hate is every woman over 40 is like "oh i love hamster he's so cute!" , shut up.

[quote author=Norris! link=topic=8147.msg97569#msg97569 date=1215270081]
i think the show wouldnt be as good without may. he's hilarious! cant understand why people dont like him. hammonds great but one thing i hate is every woman over 40 is like "oh i love hamster he's so cute!" , shut up.
[/quote]

you been hanging around with a lot of middle aged women Norris?

It's all gone very scripted so it's the writers that should be getting the pay rise!
Dan

agreed Dan, its getting a bit sitcom'ish, its funny but its trying a bit hard, the lads pull it off well though

Id love to know how much of a difference is in their wages :dunno:

i think meself topgear is much better now than it was wen tiff and queintin was on it i tink they shud sort out the dollars for the hammond n may and keep them but clarkson shud get top dollar because if there was no clarkson ther wud b no top gear

Back