Toyo tyres

blacktar

Club Chairman
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
Anyone experience of toyo tyres.
Looking at some for the accord.
Looking at toyo proxes t1 sport.
Size 235 45 18. 104 on camskill seem nice tyre. Normally have kumhos but these are similar money.
Or any other tyre ideas in about same money.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I had them on the 106 wouldn't buy them again
Went for rainsport 3 way way better Tyre got the xl side wall great feedback from them great in the dry and unreal in the wet 80 a corner from camskills

Anyone experience of toyo tyres.
Looking at some for the accord.
Looking at toyo proxes t1 sport.
Size 235 45 18. 104 on camskill seem nice tyre. Normally have kumhos but these are similar money.
Or any other tyre ideas in about same money.

Have them on my Mondeo. Grip is only ok but the wear isn't great. Only 4k miles on them.

Cheers lads.
Ya was looking at the rainsport aswell , nice looking tyre aswell

defa2b84ba669adbb8b784dd55439553.jpg

Rainsport are good alright, but walls are a bit soft so have to mind potholes as easy to kill them on a good pothole and expect a little less direct steering... Getting the XL will help a bit with the side walls and the steering so Keith is right there.

As for Toyo... Had T1R on blob, classic which were very good.
On my A4 had the T1 Sport... different tyre, but of a mix between sport and touring, though still thought they were good.
Grip in dry and wet was very acceptable and wear not bad given the level of grip (roughly avg 20k kms if rotated driving hard on bad road surfaces of the military roads we have going across Co WW). Not quite Goodyear Eagle F1s, but deffo better than many other tyres out there.

I think the toyo's are a serious tyre I have them on my subaru and I have toyo's on the trucks the vans and the jeep can't complain with them

I had no confidence in them at all
Don't get me wrong they did grip but it was hard to know when they were going to let go and on the 106 they did let go lol a few times
Way more grip and confidant with the rainsport
There is better out there but hard to beat that price.
The only toyo tire I'd but is the 888 savage Tyre but might not be what your after as they have a hard wall are noisy not great in standing water but a great Tyre if you can live with the noise

Back