Track day 1st August

She's ready to roll for an early start in the morning!

Attachments

• IMAG1872.jpg
    IMAG1872.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 71
How was the evening session barry? Did it stay dry?

I really enjoyed the track time in the morning session. But overall I felt it was a bit disjointed. Just a good few red flags that I always seemed to time really bad. 2 or 3 laps, everything just up to temperature and red flag.... A crx and a levin came together at one stage. Took 30 mins to clear that mess up. A few other spin offs and break downs then too. But thats just the way it goes. between it all I found it hard to get some clear track to try a few quick laps. Always seemed to be a lot of traffic out. I still loved it and the car was great and really looking forward to the ISDC day now!

I'll post a video shortly of a few laps, handpicked quick ones of course! Probably the only 2 clear laps I got all day.

Cheers. Really need some guidance at this stage as to lines etc. Feel myself im going in to hot at times and trying to get on the power too early. I have no patience!!! ????

Cheers. Really need some guidance at this stage as to lines etc. Feel myself im going in to hot at times and trying to get on the power too early. I have no patience!!! [emoji23]

Slow in fast out is what I was always told,your lines look really good breaking points is just seat time and learning the car and how it responds.Some kerbs need to be missed and some need to be crossed but your really after coming along way so far[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using my finger

Just seat time is all you need. If you're off the accelerator you're on the brakes. Don't come off and let the car Iden down waiting for the brake point. Keep the shoe in and then on to the brakes once and heavy and try do as much or all of your braking in a straight line and then turn in, feather the throttle through the tightest part and then on the power as you're lined up for the apex and fast out.

From parabolica to tartan let the car go wide left down the back straight, over to the right and then aim down left for your brake point. It'll be easier on your tyres and you'll carry good speed down.

Just seat time is all you need. If you're off the accelerator you're on the brakes. Don't come off and let the car Iden down waiting for the brake point. Keep the shoe in and then on to the brakes once and heavy and try do as much or all of your braking in a straight line and then turn in, feather the throttle through the tightest part and then on the power as you're lined up for the apex and fast out.

From parabolica to tartan let the car go wide left down the back straight, over to the right and then aim down left for your brake point. It'll be easier on your tyres and you'll carry good speed down.

Great advice there[emoji106]As you get more use to the car you cay try left foot or trail breaking mid corner to help settle the car and it keeps the diff loaded for extra traction.

I love this one[emoji106]
e95a553acb01d2f50c4848d88cc66168.jpg

Enjoyed that Martin

Well done Laps look good ????????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Super driving Martin

Looking forward to seeing you at the isdc track day

Not a hope of me keeping up with you this time ha

Cheers lads. Looking forward to the 26th now! I want to sort something out with the brakes too. There fine, don't fade etc. There ebc yellowstuff pads. I actually blistered the paint off the pads the last day! In have a set of ds3000 for the front for the next day. They should be good but id like a new set up. Better calliper and discs too. Very hard to get something that will fit and then that a 15 inch wheel will go over!

And of course im.still hunting an LSD gearbox!!

Back