Track day car

Hell yea keep her lit ????
Never stop looking for that extra bit
need to get me wheel bearing sorted before the 30th it collapsed on the way out of mondello last day ????

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=43155.msg500300#msg500300 date=1419184949]
[quote author=Adrian Dunne link=topic=43155.msg500099#msg500099 date=1419012266]
Collecting uprated ECU and 106 gti engine with stage 2 cams tomorrow should get the power up nice for the track day in feb'did not plan this so soon they just came up at the right money:)
[/quote]

Getting a bit addicted to the hunt for better lap times all ready
[/quote]

I know Tommy I want to get it as good as a can for the summer:)

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=43155.msg500305#msg500305 date=1419187399]
Hell yea keep her lit [emoji16]
Never stop looking for that extra bit
need to get me wheel bearing sorted before the 30th it collapsed on the way out of mondello last day [emoji37]
[/quote]

Ah that's a bummer will ya have it sorted for the 30th I'm gona see what the weather is like all going well I'll have the cams fitted by then.

Just got one of the cams out of the engine this evening so I'll start fitting them next week,not sure what stage they are the engine was a spare rally car engine there is a little over 1mm extra lift on them and they look like new.

2f7a653a87e4461d8f2f3fc42fee96c6.jpg

There is my spare engine with the high lift cams could be handy to have:)

6cab5fd0660965449cd55f5eb35333eb.jpg

I was ment to get an uprated ecu today aswell but it was the wrong figment so I'll have to try get mine remapped.

I was happy enough with the power already and id rather spend money on better traction but this engine and with the cams was too good of a bargain.i was going to just change the engine but I'm happy that my engine is strong and has low miles too,it's handy to put the best bits of the spare on to my own engine and I'll always have the spare block.also just done the belt and pump on mine and I'd have to do that if the spare was going in.think if I could get an LSD it would make a big difference to the car.

I know it's big money I'll be keeping an eye out for a good box with one fitted'but I'd say that would be like hens teeth!!!

Turned out what I was told were high lift cams were only the same as my own cams,so back to the drawing board on the cams at least I have a spare engine.
My own fault for not doing my homework.I will source cams next year as it's a mod I'd like to do I have a nice ported and polished head I'll get it all done at the same time.

No I contacted the guy I bought it from and got a big sob story so feck it it's really my own fault I should have checked before I bought!First time I got burnt since I started the car so I'm doing ok,kinda had a feeling it was to good to be true.Noting ventured noting gained:)
She will get cams yet:)

New pads wipers bulbs and USB charger for the go pro.
7b3ea9315a15226d99723b0c711fd073.jpg

Changed the cams as they did look to be in better condition and also changed over the rocker covers as they had a rubber seal still on and in good condition just need to give them a bit of a scrub up and polish.

894f50633fea0b2083738a83047c6436.jpg

78720010c222748b7fd3acb31682634a.jpg

Just standard pads for now Keith I have green stuff ordered but won't have them before Tuesday and don't think id get another day on what I have left from the last day.

First test run today with the other cams fitted,there seems to be a difference it's a little more lumpy on idle and popping like fuk maybe them cams are some kind of uprated cam after all'it's hard to know with the ice on the roads but feels like more mid range pull and popping on let off which it didn't do before!!!??

Back