vacuum tubes,T-piece/dump valve issue

AndyC

ISDC Club Member
Myself and eliroche swapped over over HKS SSQV dump valves today at the AGM and his one did not work on my car either. So this problem with my dump valve not making any noise, we think, is now down to the vacuum tubes that I have.

Here is what I have on my car
IMG00026-20090222-1426.jpg

and this is what eliroche has on his (known working HKS SSQV)
IMG00025-20090222-1426.jpg

Notice how I have one large blue tube and eliroche has a very small one which increases in size by using some sort of plastic piece (is this a restrictor or some sort of one way valve?). We can only assume that because my tubes are different that this is the reason my dump valve is not working.

So if anyone has the same tubes and T-piece that eliroche has lying around please let me know.

Thanks.

unless this is the hose that has the restricor pill in it i couldnt see it making much differance, ye could have tested your theory by blowing down both endsto see if its restricted one way.

Im thinking that white plastic piece is the resistor pill which I dont have.

going by a diagram i found the restricor pill is in the hose going from the boost solinoid which tees off to the wastgate on its way to the manifold.

There is supposed to be a restrictor pill in there which i found out today... Its not the white piece that you can see but there should be one in the hose...

I knew when I typed that I was setting myself up for something like that :lol: :lol: :lol:

eliroche pipe looks stronger, maybe yours is too light and causing it to kink its looks kinked near the bottom where it goes on the other pipe, did you try using a stronger pipe :ponder:

no kinks in it at all defo sure of that.

eliroche's tubing is much harder than mine. You cant even pinch his with two fingers whereas mine is soft and can be pinched.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=12979.msg159214#msg159214 date=1235337911]
no kinks in it at all defo sure of that.

eliroche's tubing is much harder than mine. You cant even pinch his with two fingers whereas mine is soft and can be pinched.
[/quote]

no problem andy, it might be worth getting harder tubing :thumbsup:

why have it there if its not needed?

There has to be a reason Subaru have the tubing going from small to large wit that plastic piece?

This is the only thing that was different to mine and eliroche's car and his HKS SSQV worked on his car....we swapped it onto mine and it didnt work.

are there any vaccum pipes that could be leaking under the intercooler or around the inlet manifold????
should of maybe tried your DV on eli's b4 and rule out that out!!!
:dontknow: :dontknow:

I dont think there are any leaks as the car is boosting fine.

if the piece of hose is that weak and thin it could be collapsing in on itself under vacum..........ied switch pipes with another member before ied go looking for one just to rule it out. ive no prob switchin out mine temporarilly or if one of the other lads is closer to ye.

Back