Wanted sti tmic

johnkin

Hi all,

I'm looking for a impreza sti or equivalent tmic for my fsti as they come with a pretty small "sti" tmic. Cheers, john

It's not that much smaller so. Wouldn't bother And you will also need the undertray which won't bolt directly on so it's a bit of a compromise . I'm sure @lukerb5 will give better info

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey scoobsub, I was chatting to a tuner and he reckons it's the limiting factor going past 330 ish whp. From researching it I can see the most left bolt on the bigger tmic won't work but other than that (y pipe aside) it shoukd be a bolt on??
I have zero practical experience here so very much appreciate the feedback however!!

My advice is Dont go looking for huge power . There 265 standard but some say 280. a safe remap at 300-320 it would be a great car . After that your starting to push it . It’s a 2.5 so the head bolts stretch under certain conditions , more boost = more pressure and unless it’s had upgraded head bolrs and piston I wouldn’t be looking past 300-320
But An upgraded intercooler would always help👍

The Forester STI SG9 runs a standard WRX intercooler. A STI one would be more efficient and is direct fit. B

Back