Well shes going to need some amount of work....

Sneezy.Tom

Wet noodle spec hawkeye
ISDC Club Member
Hello there!

So I recently picked this up for a very fair price. Been wanting a project for a while now and I think this is just the job. It's only a 1.5 non-turbo FWD but it's functional and a hell of a good place to start. and for the price, I couldn't resist.

Heres a photo of the little gem. ( the better looking side)
26EC2B74-308D-465B-AA9C-4FE0DB737EE1.jpgI know for sure it needs new brakes front and rear. Rear has lovely drums at the moment so need to have a look into switching to discs but just going to throw new drums on it for now. I think maybe the rear suspension is done too as the front sits higher than the rear by a fair bit. So might just go for coilovers and be done with it. some patchwork on paint and dented panels to sort over Christmas and a rats nest of cables behind the radio and under the dash. Were talking cut cables, joining with tape connections etc. The previous radio has a small loom of cables but did not power on. then got a new unit with another adapter (the usual 2-1 for aftermarket radios) managed to get the new radio to power on but no sound or anything so think there was some strange re-wiring going on. Central locking doesn't work. The passenger door lock and boot lock busted. interior got a nice little eco system growing inside so that needs to go. Front has no grille on the bottom and is missing fog lights completely.

Now just a little about myself
Im 28 and moved from the UK to Ireland about 2 years ago. I eat sleep and breathe cars as a passion and hobby since i was a teenager. Life never lined up so I work in IT but have cars & bikes as a hobby (also own a 2008 Kawasaki ER6N for any bikers). Since moving to ireland ive struggled to make friends and meet people as i never had the money for something worthwhile to take to any car events etc and that is usually my main people meeting point. Ive also started taking a liking to car photography recently so that might be another part of car hobby to dive into.

Side note anyone know of good places to pick up some decent-priced parts in Ireland would be ideal. Trying to source brakes and getting multiple results for what I actually need. Or if theres anything anyone would recommend checking for an issue.

Cheers for reading, hopefully ill have this thing looking a bit better soon.

2012 GT86 in the UK.

DSC_1869.JPGDSC_1880-Edit.JPG

The Kawaski ER6N

View attachment IMG_0188.JPGView attachment IMG_0196.JPG

Your very welcome Tom,

Nice project car you have there.

Don't know what part of the country you are in but there are a few meets on over Xmas that you should come along to, doesn't have to be in a subaru 👍

Welcome along Tom, as said above, if your close to Limerick direction, give a shout on to the meet, pm for more info if you like.
As for parts, Ali Burrows, or Olly Mcaron, both in the North, are very reliable for parts here. Bar that, its the usual, UK or Europe then

Thanks guys, I’m actually based down Cork city way. Trying to get some form of insurance sorted but there’s a whole drama with it being marked off the road and the insurance company wants a mechanics report of the car even though if you check nct website it says due February 2024 🤔 but a history check says expired 2020 so just got a mechanics report today and nct booked for…. May 2024 🙄 once I’ve my insurance and tax sorted I’m going to get out and about because the nct system is such a joke! For anyone interested it cost me a whole €1400, heck of a deal.

Agreed. 1500 is mental, deffo shop around. Usually a 30 day cooling off period applies. Keep searching, you should get way cheaper than that

Good few lads around Cork area too, we'll keep you posted on the next meet, when you hope to have it on the road ?

Agreed. 1500 is mental, deffo shop around. Usually a 30 day cooling off period applies. Keep searching, you should get way cheaper than that

Good few lads around Cork area too, we'll keep you posted on the next meet, when you hope to have it on the road ?
Axa just making me jump through hoops. Now need pictures of front, back, sides, engine and exhaust. thats a 2024 problem for now as im doing a patchup on the car over christmas (some respray and filling etc) Hopefully be on the road early Jan. got a couple of small issues to sort out before then.

Welcome along Tom 👍👍 but of a project all right but you’ll get there 👍👍 you sure it’s not 4wd as I don’t think they make them 2wd endless someone blanked the rear output shaft on the gearbox or it fitted with a differant box .

Loads of parts floating around 👍👍

Welcome along Tom 👍👍 but of a project all right but you’ll get there 👍👍 you sure it’s not 4wd as I don’t think they make them 2wd endless someone blanked the rear output shaft on the gearbox or it fitted with a differant box .

Loads of parts floating around 👍👍
log book says 4wd, cant see no rear diff, shafts or anything. who would commit such a crime! I want to convert to 4WD as soon as i can just need to A. source parts B. figure out what parts to source. Maybe the other way round! :ROFLMAO:

Back