I bought them like that Johnny... Someone had partially stripped them by sanding them. Barelle are going to chemical dip them to remove the last of the paint and then bead blast them to give them a good key finish for the powder coat
I should have snapped those OZ ones you had before you did... Being a 35 offset they're have suited my S5 rep well as a spare set. Who did you sell them too in the end? I might go on the hunt for them.
sold them to some polish lad from waterford , will try and dig out a number if i can find it . my old ones were a steal(pricewise) and magnesium so very light . should have got them refurbed properly but im a HUAR for changin my mind and impulse buying/selling .
started to mount the new FMIC, need to sort out better lower brackets though as they dont seem to be great, small bit of trimming needed to the rear of the bumper skin
Stripped the dash out so i can change the cluster bulbs to led white, and relocate the oil pressure n boost with an oil temp gauge to the top pf dash! Happy out!
I tried that with the white bulbs. It doesn't work. The dash clocks have a green "plastic" built into them. The white won't be white if you know what I mean.
Mine is a '98 Version 5. Yes the green film was the problem. I never heard about the '99 on having no green film in the clocks. I'd be very surprised if they didn't. Best of luck, if it works for you